Spirit Combat and Groups

Kargzant

I have a question that I haven't quite been able to find an answer for. When one adventurer is in combat with a spirit, what can other members of their group do? Can multiple party members be in spirit combat with the same entity? If they cast spells at entities in a spirit combat, does it count as casting into a melee? I want to set up scenarios involving spirit combat and I would like to get this sorted out first.

• Helpful 1

18 hours ago, Kargzant said:

I have a question that I haven't quite been able to find an answer for. When one adventurer is in combat with a spirit, what can other members of their group do?

As has been mentioned look at the Q&A. Other than that, as the spirit starts to become visible in the round before it can attack, other adventurers may have the opportunity to attack it if they can see it (it's becoming visible, so scan, luck (POW x5) spirit lore, etc.). In the following round it's visible to those that look.

Then they can use spells or weapons that can affect the spirit. These work on their normal strike rank. Spirit combat happens on SR12. This is all spirit combat.

Can multiple party members be in spirit combat with the same entity?

Multiple attacks are always situational, and the GM should state who can and can't attack the spirit. Remember, an adventurer enveloped in an ethereal spirit is just as much a target as the spirit itself. The MGF rules on page 6, should be your go to here.

If they cast spells at entities in a spirit combat, does it count as casting into a melee?

There's no casting into melee rules (IIRC). This all covered by statements of intent - "If I can see the spirit attacking Bert, I cast disruption at it, otherwise I cast it at the troll"

• Like 2