Question about Strength spirit magic spell.

Agentorange

My apologies if this has been asked before ( I did a quick search but there's over 2,000 entries for strength. ) but......

I was wondering what prompted the change from the old RQ2/3 graduated Strength spell l to the fixed 2pts for 8 STR version in RQG ?

My own personal preference was for the old versions  - I thought the RQ3 1pt for 3 STR version was about right. Would it break the game badly if i went down that route in my own games. By the same token with the other attribute enhancing spells would a return to the graduated spells ruin the game ?

• Like 1

I think the reasoning is partly for simplicity. You don't need to look up the category modifiers table and see what your changes are, it's just one simple table there in the spell. Coordination doesn't need the table as it's just a straight +5.

And no, it won't ruin the game to go back to variable spells. Most, I might be bold and say all, mechanics from previous editions can be restored without any problems.

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1