We've seen the proofs: HPLHS's Gamer Prop Set for Call of Cthulhu Classic will deliver on promise to offer "levels of detail and realism to enhance fun and test sanity".

MOB

clipping-hplhs.jpeg

As part of our Call of Cthulhu 40th anniversary our friends the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society are creating a Deluxe Handout Set to go with the five supplements included in our Call of Cthulhu Classic Kickstarter.

Winners of Product of the Year in the 2019 ENNIE Awards for their Masks of Nyarlathotep Gamer Prop Set, they promised this new one will offer "levels of detail and realism to enhance fun and test sanity".

Having just seen all the proofs, we can certainly say they have delivered!

The HPLHS Call of Cthulhu Classic Gamer Prop Set will be released around the same time as the Call of Cthulhu Classic boxed sets, later this year*. We will have more details about the release date soon...

*If you missed the Kickstarter: we will have left-over copies of both of the Call of Cthulhu Classic boxed sets after the Kickstarter fulfilment. These will be offered to the general public via Chaosium.com. 

Trail of Tsathogghua (1984)

ABOVE: ONE OF HPLHS'S STUNNINGLY AUTHENTIC NEWSPAPER CLIPPING PROPS FOR THE SCENARIO 'THE HAUNTED HOUSE", FROM THE TRAIL OF TSATHOGGHUA.
  • Like 5
  • Helpful 1

Oh, Hell Yes... Now, if only I could get them to do a set of props for "The Haunting."

• Like 2

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja

Also, is Major Mitchell being played by Nick Offerman?

• Like 1

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2022 at 11:42 AM, AlHazred said:

Also, is Major Mitchell being played by Nick Offerman?

Apparently he’s a big fan of the game so I’m not surprised to see him honored in merch.

https://imgur.com/72huZrX

On 2/24/2022 at 11:41 AM, AlHazred said:

Oh, Hell Yes... Now, if only I could get them to do a set of props for "The Haunting."

Agreed. The Haunting (or the Haunted House rather) is in the Classics box. It would be nice if that got props too.

Edited by davewire
  • Like 2

On 3/5/2022 at 10:20 PM, davewire said:

Agreed. The Haunting (or the Haunted House rather) is in the Classics box. It would be nice if that got props too.

Just wanted to clarify, "The Haunted House" scenario in Trail of Tsathogghua is not the same as "The Haunting"/"The Haunted House" that's been in every edition of the core rulebook. Keith Herber wanted to call back to it, but it's a different scenario. I was confused when I read the HPLHS announcement and wanted to make sure nobody else was.

ROLAND VOLZ

On 2/24/2022 at 10:41 AM, AlHazred said:

I don’t know how they compare to HPHLS but you can get The Haunting props on DriveThruRPG at https://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/349979. They’re are other competing products on DriveThruRPG also, but I found these to be the cream of the crop. Recommended!

* One clarification this product comprises digital files that need to be printed out and thus, unless you do something special, will not look weathered, torn or stained. I just realized that’s probably what distinguishes HPHLS. Since I play online with discord all I need is digital files but others may need more!

Edited by rsanford
Added caveat
  • Thanks 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll also mention there's a few good handouts for "The Haunting" linked on the YSDC wiki page for the scenario.

ROLAND VOLZ