Question about running.

It says in the rules that "we only credit sessions run in English and encourage foreign language GMs to contact their local foreign language printer" I am in Norway, and there is no Norwegian edition of the books, and all Call of Cthulhu books I have are in english.

But, does this mean, that even if we are all Norwegians around the table, that I will have to run the game in English if I want to get credit? Or is it just the matter of using the English books?

• 1 month later...

Is there really no-one that can answer this?

I want to be running games, and introducing new people to the game, and stuff like that, but it feels very weird to have to run a game in english, when all the people around the tabel has the same, non-english, native language.

On 3/24/2022 at 12:23 PM, greger said:

It says in the rules that "we only credit sessions run in English and encourage foreign language GMs to contact their local foreign language printer" I am in Norway, and there is no Norwegian edition of the books, and all Call of Cthulhu books I have are in english.

But, does this mean, that even if we are all Norwegians around the table, that I will have to run the game in English if I want to get credit? Or is it just the matter of using the English books?

I would just contact the Cult of Chaos and say that you are running a game, or have run a game.

Don't mention what language you ran the game in.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here