First Aid in RQG vs RQ3

Job

I always understand that in both RQG and RQ3, First Aid skill can be used once per wound, but it seems I might misunderstood.

RQ3 Deluxe, Player's Book, pp. 75
"First Aid can only be used successfully once against injury to a specific hit location, but it may be tried again and again until successful. However, a fumble with the skill will cause 103 damage to the recipient, and no further attempts may be made to fix that injury by that First Aid user."

It seems, to me, that in RQ3, First Aid skill is per-hit-location basis, not per-wound basis. Am I wrong? I am not a native English speaker, so some confirmation will be appreciated.

I think per-hit-location basis will lower the bookkeeping tremendously. I think I will port it to RQG.

Sanpat Suvarnadat

9 hours ago, Job said:

It seems, to me, that in RQ3, First Aid skill is per-hit-location basis, not per-wound basis. Am I wrong? I am not a native English speaker, so some confirmation will be appreciated.

Yes.

9 hours ago, Job said:

I think per-hit-location basis will lower the bookkeeping tremendously. I think I will port it to RQG.

It usually makes no difference unless an adventurer is wounded more than once in the same area, in my games the amount of extra bookkeeping is negligible (Roll20 tracks this and in RL players note individual values in the space around their location figure). However, under RQG with its per wound rules it's one attempt per wound, a failure stops the bleeding, with RQ3 failure doesn't.

On 3/27/2022 at 11:01 AM, Scotty said:

a failure stops the bleeding,

I'm not sure I understand this, I thought it required a success to stop bleeding

"If the roll succeeds, all bleeding stops and the victim is prevented from dying. If unsuccessful, the user may try again to stop the bleeding in the next round."

• Like 1