More fun with Experimental Archaeology!

SDLeary

Let me toss an item into the lot... Though this is great for medieval games, perhaps CoC Dark Ages, (it details how to build a stone castle in post-Norman England) at 6:20-10:20, it starts to become relevant for the older games we play around here (with a few anachronisms) when it discusses the relationship twixt masonry and magic. I would think math and geometry as magic would be happy and at home in more sorcerous societies on the lozenge... fer instance, in the west and..? And the reminder that masons used to have lodges where they would meet to study, drink, and share started me thinking of secret societies. Masonic handshakes in the temple library in Pavis, hmm?

At 15:02 the discussion of the Blacksmithing begins... Though it talks of a tech that is rare on the cube, it still nudges our modern mind to think to an older way so to aid the modern man into considering magic and the cube. Still this is middle ages...not exactly germane, interesting, but a thread drift.

Moving to material we can more easily utilize on a bronze age magical world set the time coordinates to 33:06-34:50. Granted they talk about blacksmithing (and the devil) so it is not perfectly fitted to our redsmithing world, still it is still enough to make me ponder. 

Now building the mill is right in our wheelhouse... starting at 24:35 to 29: 29 the builders try a first attempt at the mill. The 2nd attempt is at 34:50-40:06.

Even better, there is no need to ghettoize the info... I am sure one can glean some cool stuff from the Middle Ages material I have ignored.  It is valuable just to get away from our 20th century day to day and visit another time for a while. 

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!