[Fantasy Grounds] In Search Of The Trollslayer

Murgh Bpurn

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is good for me too. I just have to choose a character.
So pick a dude already.

Hey BF I thought you weren't back til Weds ??? Hope you didn't get rained out :(
Nah... quite the opposite actually. It was way too hot.

The girls got munched by bugs and everyone was wiped out so we came back a little early.

So when will the server be up to test things out ?

I've got a Savage Worlds session Thursday night (until midnight BST), after that I'll leave the server up for this adventure, also Friday night. You can then download everything required, I may not be around, however feel free to have a play! :)

Guys, would it be too much trouble to push this to next weekend? I'm getting a bit of grief from the other half :(
This weekend worked a little better for me as I have no kids, but you are the boss. I can make it work next week instead. The girlfriend will probably glad to have the extra attention.

I've got a Savage Worlds session Thursday night (until midnight BST), after that I'll leave the server up for this adventure, also Friday night. You can then download everything required, I may not be around, however feel free to have a play! :)

Hey. Are you still planning on putting up the server sometime so we can check it out? How do we connect up?

First you'll need to download FG from here and install it as unregistered. The server is up now and will be overnight (UK). Feel free to play around (I won't be around). When you connect as a player (Join Game), enter the server alias "soft monk ugly fang" (without the quotes), into the Host Address field.

Feel free to select your PC, don't select any others as you lock them to your logon.

Edited by Murgh Bpurn

Something similiar happened to me. I got a long list of errors stating that files did not load correctly. The program them terminated. I restarted it and only got one error and it now seems to work fine. The second time I also updated the program. I wonder if that is a problem.

I use  fantasygrounds.com

That's not what happened to me.. everything loaded fine... I ran all the updates last week... but I screwed up my image because the 'real' image was slow to load.. and I managed to load in one of the standard images in it's place somehow... Ooof.

BTW... Seems like WBC checked out all the character sheets (cept the one I created and the Dural one I'd already taken) So we are 'bad players'. Help!

Edited by Blackfoot

The program had crashed overnight not sure what you did! ;) The portraits can only be loaded from the clients machine once you have placed them in the portraits folder, the hosed image is eaily rectified :) I can easily release ownership of PCs as well, so no problem.

Sometimes image files don't load on the first attempt, I'll take a look on the FG boards.

You mentioned that I didn't have everything filled in on the sheets, what was missing? You also mentioned the vitruvian man, did you want to play with hit locations? I believe I had it turned off.

Edited by Murgh Bpurn

The program had crashed overnight not sure what you did! ;)

He did it! He did it! *looking innocent*

The portraits can only be loaded from the clients machine once you have placed them in the portraits folder, the hosed image is eaily rectified :) I can easily release ownership of PCs as well, so no problem.
Cool. The images actually loaded, eventually, but I didn't wait long enough first time round to actually see them load... and by the time they did I was already hosed up.

You mentioned that I didn't have everything filled in on the sheets, what was missing?

Just some of the basic stat stuff, race, height & so forth... the program also defaulted in some basic brawl skills but it didn't include his attack bonus.

You also mentioned the vitruvian man, did you want to play with hit locations? I believe I had it turned off.
This is completely up to you. We were just trying to check out all the features of the program and noticed a preference button for turning this on and off, since it seemed to have no effect we wondered about it.

I'll be there, and could be there early to test things out and chat if anyone is interested. Is anyone into Skype for OOC bonus conversations ?

I'll also try not to wreck too much this time. ;)

I'm still eager to use Merrek. If we don't have enough PCs will someone run more than one character. I was wondering if we don't have someone to use the sorceror or MU maybe they could be community characters. One person runs them but with input from the others.

I use  fantasygrounds.com

Are we still on for tomorrow (Sept 11) at the time listed above?

Yep :)

I'll be there, and could be there early to test things out and chat if anyone is interested. Is anyone into Skype for OOC bonus conversations ?

I'll also try not to wreck too much this time. ;)

I'm still eager to use Merrek. If we don't have enough PCs will someone run more than one character. I was wondering if we don't have someone to use the sorceror or MU maybe they could be community characters. One person runs them but with input from the others.

I'll put the server up early, not sure what time I'll be around at though.

I have no problem with folk having two characters, or "community" characters.