[Fantasy Grounds] In Search Of The Trollslayer

Murgh Bpurn

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot Phil, it was fun. Neat to see how the program works and gave us a good chance to "slaughter us some turtles". Nice to get a chance to Skype with everyone else and put a voice to a avatar.

Sorry that BF and FP kept crashing your server, I'll see if I can straighten them out for next time. ;)

I use  fantasygrounds.com

I'm sorry I couldn't make it, like I mentioned, my sister was in town so it wasn't in the cards.

You guys having a problem with it crashing a lot as well? The last session I ran we had the program crash 5 or 6 times. The main reason I was so excited to play with you guys was to see if it was something we're doing that's causing the crashes. Guess not.

121/420

I'm sorry I couldn't make it, like I mentioned, my sister was in town so it wasn't in the cards.

You guys having a problem with it crashing a lot as well? The last session I ran we had the program crash 5 or 6 times. The main reason I was so excited to play with you guys was to see if it was something we're doing that's causing the crashes. Guess not.

I think the program only crashed once if I remember correctly (during the Sat session). We had technical issues not related to FG.

First of all BF made a time zone calculation error so 3 of us were extra early. ;D I was too lazy to double check. And it worked out for the best.

Then we were waiting for someone to join us but they weren't able to. :P

Then we hooked up on Skype and I didn't realize my mic was set to minimum, so I kept fading in and out. :o

BF's computer turned his mic volume off, by itself a couple of times. ;D

Our GM forgot he had muted his mic and was giving us a really good description of the surrounding that we couldn't hear. :7

The computer that FlowerPower was using is a bit old and it crashed a couple of times so I think we has to reset the server.:?

One of the players disappeared for a while and came back but then had to drop out.:(

But overall I thought the performance of FG was great and Skype really helped. It was bloody easy to figure out the program and the guys were able to correct me any time I did something wrong. :o

For me I think unless we play in the evening my time ( which is unrealistic for everyone else ) the Saturday or Sunday, every couple of weeks would be doable. The time works well for me.

I know I would be pushing it to ask for 4 hours every weekend. With a wife and two small kids it just won't fly.

For me I think unless we play in the evening my time ( which is unrealistic for everyone else ) the Saturday or Sunday, every couple of weeks would be doable. The time works well for me.

I know I would be pushing it to ask for 4 hours every weekend. With a wife and two small kids it just won't fly.

This works well for us probably. Our kids are with alternate parents every other weekend so we generally have the most time available when they are away. A 4 hour session seems the most realistic. More time gets a bit excessive (especially considering the time zone issues) and much less is somewhat of a waste after taking the time to coordinate the thing. I'm sure somewhere in the 3-5 range is fairly acceptable depending on energy levels and how things go.

That would work fine for me. You mean Saturday September 25 correct ?

I have a function to go to right after the session, so if we could start at 19:00 BST ( 2:00pm for BF and FP ) or earlier that would give me at least 3 hours before I would have to quit.

I think this works for us as well... would it be better for us to start a little earlier for you WBC? Would that be out for you Murph? I don't imagine we'd be doing too much that morning. I need to check in with FP. I think we'll be at her house so I need to DL the program again but she'll be on a more stable machine.

OK. So the time is 7pm BST. 2pm Eastern. 11am Pacific.

How about starting at 6pm BST instead? (1pm Eastern, 10am Pacific)

I checked with FP and we should be good to go for either time.

Edited by Blackfoot
To Fix the times listed.

Loaded the program up onto Flower's home machine tonight so we are ready to go whenever the server is up again.

We'll run Skype off of my laptop so hopefully at least our end of things should be more reliable than last time... assuming my machine doesn't randomly turn the volume off again.

That was kinda weird.