Share our own Case Files?

On 12/21/2022 at 6:19 PM, jp1885 said:

I've attached my first case file, 'Lollipop Lollipop', which I'm rather proud of. If anyone runs it, I'd love to hear your feedback ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm currently working on my second: 'Why Was He Born So Beautiful?' - stay tuned...

Lollipop Lollipop.pdf 1.87 MBย ยทย 73 downloads

Hello @jp1885

I started my group on The Domestic and The Bookshop, then went on to run a case I wrote myself. The group are loving it and hungry for more. This enthusiasm led me to this thread and I have just played Lollipop, Lollipop which was much enjoyed. Thank you @jp1885ย  I now have to start downloading some more...

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, ACompton said:

Hello @jp1885

I started my group on The Domestic and The Bookshop, then went on to run a case I wrote myself. The group are loving it and hungry for more. This enthusiasm led me to this thread and I have just played Lollipop, Lollipop which was much enjoyed. Thank you @jp1885ย  I now have to start downloading some more...

Iโ€™m really glad you enjoyed it and I hope you like my other offerings too!

On 9/8/2023 at 4:04 PM, JohnK said:

Hullo, Crazy Canadian,

Cool!ย  Whereabouts in Canada are you located?ย  I'm in Ottawa! ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that the link for the "Fiery Vengeance" scenario still doesn't work.

ย 

I am no longer located in Canada but was born in Canada.

Also, that pdf is big and my hosting is cheap. I've attached it a separate post below.

One or two of you saw this the other day, but I have a new casefile ready. You can get it from either my website at https://pauljfisher.com/rpg-casefiles/fiery-vengeance/ย ย  or attached below.

Fiery Vengeance: A sleazy tabloid journalist has been brutally murdered with magical fire. Investigate
Londonโ€™s sleazy tabloids, explore Londonโ€™s history of fires, and delve deeper into the cityโ€™s
magical fabric.

Fiery Vengeance.pdf

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Crazy Canadian said:

I am no longer located in Canada but was born in Canada.

Also, that pdf is big and my hosting is cheap. I've attached it a separate post below.

Ah, okay...ย  Was wondering about that...ย  So, whereabouts you living these days? ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah, that is a huge file.ย  Thanks attaching it as a separate post below.ย  Managed to download it and scan through the file.ย  Neat case file!ย  Look forward to running this one! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnK said:

Ah, okay...ย  Was wondering about that...ย  So, whereabouts you living these days? ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah, that is a huge file.ย  Thanks attaching it as a separate post below.ย  Managed to download it and scan through the file.ย  Neat case file!ย  Look forward to running this one! ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm down in DC these days. I can confirm the DC locations used in Winter's Gifts are accurately described. I'd love any feedback you have from running that one as I haven't had a chance to play test it yet.

I've got a couple more in the works. One about crypto provisionally titled "The New God of Finance" and the other about some magic bank robbers provisionally titled "The Boy-band Bandits".

On 8/16/2023 at 1:55 PM, jp1885 said:

The Hindhead Tunnel only opened in 2011, so how could it be haunted? A dead voyeur, a secret garden centre and the Ghost Cars of Guildford all combine to take the investigators on the race of their lives!

My latest case file, Speed Demons! is attached. I hope you like it!

Speed Demons.pdf 4.11 MBย ยทย 17 downloads

I started running this over the weekend and it worked well for the first session. We covered up to Maud and the investigators were coming to the right conclusions and I barely had to ad-lib. Hoping the second session goes equally well.

• Helpful 1

On 9/22/2023 at 3:16 PM, jp1885 said:

Awesome! Great to hear itโ€™s going well and I hope the players enjoy it ๐Ÿ™‚

I'll let you know when we get a chance to finish up.

ย 

I've also got a new crypto themed casefile. https://pauljfisher.com/rpg-casefiles/the-new-god-of-finance/

"A strange fire has killed a young programmer in Silicon Roundabout. Investigate the tech industry, learn about the origin of genius loci, and investigate financial fraud."

The New God of Finance.pdf

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2023 at 1:31 AM, Crazy Canadian said:

One or two of you saw this the other day, but I have a new casefile ready. You can get it from either my website at https://pauljfisher.com/rpg-casefiles/fiery-vengeance/ย ย  or attached below.

Fiery Vengeance: A sleazy tabloid journalist has been brutally murdered with magical fire. Investigate
Londonโ€™s sleazy tabloids, explore Londonโ€™s history of fires, and delve deeper into the cityโ€™s
magical fabric.

Fiery Vengeance.pdf 6.29 MBย ยทย 9 downloads

I ran Fiery Vengeance over 2 sessions with our group. Very much enjoyed. They particularly enjoyed what was there first real combat (mostly because the NPCs rolled terribly). I also messed up some of the combat rules (still learning), and when I admitted this to our regular DM, he replied "It doesn't matter. people had fun!"ย 

Thank your for sharing.ย 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ACompton said:

I ran Fiery Vengeance over 2 sessions with our group. Very much enjoyed. They particularly enjoyed what was there first real combat (mostly because the NPCs rolled terribly). I also messed up some of the combat rules (still learning), and when I admitted this to our regular DM, he replied "It doesn't matter. people had fun!"ย 

Thank your for sharing.ย 

Glad to hear it went well. Let me know if there is anything I can improve with it or that caused issues for you.

• 3 weeks later...

In my game the player's characters have been tasked with investigating the Paternoster Society. The Folly is interested in finding out more about the group but they don't have the investigators to spare. They specifically want to know about John Chapman. I am unsure about where to take this. Chapman was a Little Crocodile at Oxford. I think it is fairly established that Martin Chorley had him killed because he wanted to keep people from finding out about the magic sword that he planned to kill Mr. Punch with. I need to go back over the end of the book Lies Sleeping I guess. Does anybody have any ideas?

ย 

ย ย ย  buckyball

Edited by buckyball

• 2 months later...
On 9/4/2023 at 7:47 PM, Crazy Canadian said:

Hey y'all,

I'm the Paul Fisher mentioned above with a couple casefiles. @jp1885 let me know about this forum and since I just redid my website, here are updated links to my existing casefiles. I'm hoping to have a third, Burning Rage out shortly.

General: https://pauljfisher.com/rpg-casefiles/

The Funhouse Bodies: https://pauljfisher.com/rpg-casefiles/the-funhouse-mummy/

Stolen Heritage: https://pauljfisher.com/rpg-casefiles/stolen-heritage/

Hi Paul,

just finished running The Funhouse Bodies and we all had a great time.

Luckily I rolled poorly on behalf of the big bad, else my investigators wouldโ€™ve been toast!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jp1885 said:

Hi Paul,

just finished running The Funhouse Bodies and we all had a great time.

Luckily I rolled poorly on behalf of the big bad, else my investigators wouldโ€™ve been toast!

Glad to hear it went well, if you have any suggestions please let me know.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry spam this thread, but I have another casefile to share. This one includes the opportunity to delivery a PowerPoint deck in character as a banker and a unnecessary amount of information about banking culture.

In The Boy Band Bandits: A pair of magical bandits are robbing banks across London while disguised as members of famous boy bands. Dive into banking, fanfiction, and magical healing.

https://pauljfisher.com/rpg-casefiles/the-boy-band-bandits/

Barclays-Power-Point.pptx The-Boy-Band-Bandits.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crazy Canadian said:

Sorry spam this thread, but I have another casefile to share. This one includes the opportunity to delivery a PowerPoint deck in character as a banker and a unnecessary amount of information about banking culture.

I really enjoyed reading this. I think it'll be fun to run. Thanks for sharing it.

Edited by Greville
  • Like 1

The sacred sentence of science: "I might be wrong: let's find out." - David Brin

My Blog: http://grevsspace.wordpress.com/

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone, Iโ€™m pleased to share a RoL casefile with you called โ€œLost Riverโ€.
Description: โ€˜Someoneโ€™s started burning wicker men in Battersea park. The first slid neatly into HOLMES 2 as โ€œpublic vandalism, minorโ€, as 10 square feet of Battersea turf is not what police careers are made of. But after last nightโ€™s burning it is now Operation Letterbox and possibly a career maker. Three corpses have been found in the ashes, thus the new characterisation of the incident as โ€œmurder, possibly cult/sectarianโ€ requires a full Falcon Assessment. Your team is called on to investigate this crime, and its wider implications for the powerscape of the Thames River Valley.โ€™
Download the PDF here: https://cutt.ly/mw60lzOy
Edited by Peter John
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ย 

On 4/7/2024 at 3:08 PM, Peter John said:
Hi everyone, Iโ€™m pleased to share a RoL casefile with you called โ€œLost Riverโ€.
Description: โ€˜Someoneโ€™s started burning wicker men in Battersea park. The first slid neatly into HOLMES 2 as โ€œpublic vandalism, minorโ€, as 10 square feet of Battersea turf is not what police careers are made of. But after last nightโ€™s burning it is now Operation Letterbox and possibly a career maker. Three corpses have been found in the ashes, thus the new characterisation of the incident as โ€œmurder, possibly cult/sectarianโ€ requires a full Falcon Assessment. Your team is called on to investigate this crime, and its wider implications for the powerscape of the Thames River Valley.โ€™
Download the PDF here: https://cutt.ly/Bw8VGYUp

Thank you. This is a really good case file, I like the options it gives for bringing new villains into the mix and setting up an ongoing campaign. The tone is perfect, I'm looking forward to running this with my group.

The number of high quality case files people have posted here is really encouraging.

• Thanks 1

The sacred sentence of science: "I might be wrong: let's find out." - David Brin

My Blog: http://grevsspace.wordpress.com/