Sartar Companion

Darran

The Sartar Companion is now available in PDF, and soon in hardcopy! You can grab it here.

Here is the cover by Simon Bray.

ISS2003-cover-small-231x300.jpg

Large version

If you want to know what it covers or looks like, you can check out the sampler of the Sartar Companion here.

The Sartar Companion as hard copy is now generally available.

Here's the link:

Glorantha.com

Cheers, Darran

Continuum 2014. John Foster Hall, Leicester University. UK.

Friday 25th - Monday 28th July 2014.

http://www.continuum.uk.net

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered Sartar Kingdom of Heroes and Sartar Companion. I'll write something about it's convertability to BRP once I get it (and get a time to read it) for the d100 gloranthaphiles out there.

SGL.

In terms of conversion, I see two issues.

1. HeroQuests - how to run in BRP (the eternal problem that led to HeroWars).

2. Stats. HQ2 uses no statblocks. So you need to stat a lot of things yourself. Or just make up a skill level, damage, armour, spells, hitpoints and go with it.

Likes to sneak around

115/420

In terms of conversion, I see two issues.

2. Stats. HQ2 uses no statblocks. So you need to stat a lot of things yourself. Or just make up a skill level, damage, armour, spells, hitpoints and go with it.

Number one might be a problem, but depends on the type of heroquest. F.ex. the heroquest at the end of Blood of Orlanth for MRQ would work easily with BRP too.

Number two is really no big problem for me as I'm quite used to making up skills, damage, armor, hit points, etc. As long it has a description, I can create some stats.

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Soltakss has a good way to handle these, with plenty of examples on his site.

I'd suggest that if those in SC aren't compatible with this, then they need fixing...

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Soltakss has a good way to handle these, with plenty of examples on his site.

I'd suggest that if those in SC aren't compatible with this, then they need fixing...

With the best will in the world, Simon's house rules are from 2002 and are focused on fixing the various RQ house rules for heroquesting that were floating around at the time. A lot of the fixes he makes simply don't matter any more.* I've not read the Companion yet but HQ and RQII both sing from the same hymn sheet: a ritual to enter the heroplane; a series of challenges to be overcome or experienced and a result.

The HeroQuest in Blood of Orlanth actually shows just how easy it is to run a heroquest in RQ/BRP and it ought to be perfectly possible to simply translate the HQ descriptions into BRP skills and spells. The key is to forget the need for skills in the 500% range or ludicrous amounts of magic. The mythagos on a HQ tend to be as competent as the myths say they are. Thus Humakt might be experienced as someone with the skills and magical equivalent of an elite Rune Lord of Humakt.

*the site is full of loads of great details and ideas for heroquest contents. It's just the intent behind the rules he uses (e.g. trying to keep a Free Will mechanic) isn't all that relevant any more.