Top Investigator Occupations?

Vellcrow

I am in the process of writing some introductory scenarios, and I wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on what the top 5-10 Investigator occupations are.  I am asking this based on the standard 1920s era.

My initial thought was to include the first eight listed in the Quick Start or the Starter Set:  Antiquarian, Author, Dilettante, Doctor of Medicine, Journalist, Police Detective, Private Investigator, and Professor.

What do you think?  What occupations should be added to that list?  Should some on the list be replaced due to lack of popularity?

• Like 1

My players (in 1920s) regularly chose Archaeologist, Criminal, Dilettante, Doctor of Medicine, Academic, Valet, Military background, Journalist, Psychologist and Clergyman

Other less popular professions are Zealot (political/ revolutionary rather than religious), Spy/ assassin, Engineer, and a Boxer (rejoicing in the name of Ironclad Crawthers- the Brain of Boxing).

My players usually have at least one Dilettante which takes the issue of the need for money away

• Like 1

That I've seen, Police Detective, Dilettante, Antiquarian, Military, and usually some criminal background. Comparatively few Authors, Doctors, Journalists, etc.

But then, most of my players are veterans or military family members, so that gonna skew the demographic a bit.

• Like 1