List of HeroQuest/QuestWorlds Cults?

AlHazred

Has anyone made a list of all the various cults and subcults published for Hero Wars/HeroQuest/QuestWorlds, and where they were published?

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja

3 hours ago, AlHazred said:

Has anyone made a list of all the various cults and subcults published for Hero Wars/HeroQuest/QuestWorlds, and where they were published?

You mean something like this?

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

19 hours ago, soltakss said:

Yes, that's a great site! I noticed that it doesn't have any of the stuff from TradeTalk or Ye Booke of Tentacles or most other 'zines, though. 

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja

3 hours ago, AlHazred said:

I noticed that it doesn't have any of the stuff from TradeTalk or Ye Booke of Tentacles or most other 'zines, though. 

Were there any HW/HQ cults in any other zines? I can't remember Tradetalk having any, but I haven't read them for a long time. Ye Book of Tentacles had the Pavis cults, I think so they might be there.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

1 hour ago, soltakss said:

Were there any HW/HQ cults in any other zines? I can't remember Tradetalk having any, but I haven't read them for a long time. Ye Book of Tentacles had the Pavis cults, I think so they might be there.

TradeTalk had a few. I initially asked my question because I came across the Uleria HW/HQ cult in (I think) #16 and it occurred to me to see if I could find a listing.

ROLAND VOLZ

Note that Simon's reference doesn't go as far forward as the HQ2/G era works. Nonetheless, the earlier era is a much bigger job, and awesome that he did it.

If you're open to fan works as well, search for The Brown Book of Zzabur. That blog has got a lot of great HQG style write ups for cults that Chaosium & Moon Design never got around to before their focus pivoted to RQ. Also, the Carpenters' Valley of Plenty on the JC has some sweet regional variations on Elmal, Redalda, and allied figures that are worth a look.

Any other late HQ resources I'm missing? 

Edited by JonL
  • Thanks 1

Gere's @Graeme's list of HQ2/G sources from 2016:

Note that this list doesn't drill-down to sub-cults.

On 8/24/2016 at 2:10 PM, Graeme said:

For Heroquest 2 this is the list I came up with...

Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes

• The Cult of Orlanth
  • The Cult of Ernalda
  • The Cult of Chalana Arroy
  • The Cult of Elmal
  • The Cult of Issaries
  • The Cult of Lhankor Mhy
  • The Cult of Humakt
  • The Cult of Urox the Storm Bull
  • The Cult of Yinkin

Sartar Companion

• The Cult of Argan Argar
  • The Cult of Babeester Gor
  • The Cult of Eurmal
  • The Cult of Heler
  • The Cult of Kolat
    • Includes this Spirit Tradition
      • The Kolat Tradition 
    • Includes these Spirit Societies
      • Seven Winds
      • Chalk Man
      • Oakfed
      • Night Listener
      • Serkos
      • Granny Vo and Uncle
  • The Cult of Odayla

Pavis: Gateway to Adventure

• The Cult of Pavis
  • The Cult of Flintnail
  • The Cult of Lanbril
  • The Cult of Yelmalio
  • The Cult of Zola Fel
  • The Cult of Seven Mothers
    • Includes this Spirit Tradition
      • The Lunar Tradition

HeroQuest Glorantha

• Includes these Spirit Traditions (but only briefly)
    • Praxian Tradition
    • Hsunchen Tradition
    • Golden Bow Tradition
    • Kolating Tradition
  • The Cult of Ernalda
  • The Cult of Orlanth
  • The Cult of Issaries
  • The Cult of Humakt
  • Waha
    • Waha Spirit Societies + plus some extra spirits
  • The Cult of Lhankor Mhy
  • The Cult of The Seven Mothers

Here're all the Brown Book posts tagged with Cult Write Up

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JonL said:

If you're open to fan works as well, search for The Brown Book of Zzabur.

Oh, I'm very familiar with it, and have used those writeups before!

ROLAND VOLZ