zorak zoran pc generation

I would like to create, following the rqg process an adventurer (human) initiate of ZZ.

As I can't buy the rqg darkness cult book for some time, have got few questions:

- is it possible to have the Cult Starting Skills ?

- is there any specific restriction to join the cult (when your parents are or when you have no relative) ? (at least for a human) . In my FR "dieux de glorantha" or FR "Trolls", you need 75+ in any mace/hammer/... and a POW+STR test to become initiate. Which is hard to modelize with the creation process.

29 minutes ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

As I can't buy the rqg darkness cult book for some time, have got few questions

You can find the cult in either the RQ Classic Trollpack or in the Cults Compendium. Aside from Runes/Passions, I doubt it has changed much, if at all.

31 minutes ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

is it possible to have the Cult Starting Skills ?

Since the cult skills are noted in the RQ Bestiary, p.75, I think you can reasonably identify the starting skills.

32 minutes ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

is there any specific restriction to join the cult (when your parents are or when you have no relative) ? (at least for a human)

Again, as noted in the RQ Bestiary, p.75: A candidate must be 75% in any blunt weapon skill and must pass a test abstracted by (CHA+STR)/2×5 or less on a 1D100. If successful, the candidate must sacrifice a point of POW to create a Rune point with Zorak Zoran.

Any warrior should be able to get to 75% in a blunt weapon if you're including the weapon skill bonus. And if you've got high STR and decent CHA, you should be able to get a test score of 70% or better with a 14 average. That seems very feasible. Give some bonus points if parents were members, but ZZ is definitely going to focus on YOU being able to fight, not on what your parents did.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

I would like to create, following the rqg process an adventurer (human) initiate of ZZ.

As I can't buy the rqg darkness cult book for some time, have got few questions:

- is it possible to have the Cult Starting Skills ?

- is there any specific restriction to join the cult (when your parents are or when you have no relative) ? (at least for a human) . In my FR "dieux de glorantha" or FR "Trolls", you need 75+ in any mace/hammer/... and a POW+STR test to become initiate. Which is hard to modelize with the creation process.

You know that ZZ is in the Bestiary??

You need 75% in any blunt weapon (should be easily doable as a warrior - although you'll probably need to use +25% from personal bonuses, as no culture in RQG has blunt weapons), and an initiation test - (Average of Cha & Str) x5 (no, not POW as you have).

As a pretty violent and bloodthirsty cult, I can see why having parents or others wouldn't matter to join the cult - you have to prove your worthiness yourself.

Cult skills are also listed... Intimidate, Shield, "smashing" weapon, plus the others that everyone gets.

Ah... Jaja hit save just before I did 😛

Edited by Shiningbrow
  • Like 1