Releasing November: 'Arthur the Soldier', first release for Chaosium's new Pendragon Fiction line

Cover1-Draft3.thumb.jpg.54b22452489a46fa219bb6b762c05047.jpg

-- Releasing November --

CHA6218
ISBN 9781568824758
MSRP $19.99
336 pages
Trade Paperback

By Chris Gidlow

“The famous Arthur? I had begun to think you were a legend…”

A literary novel of Arthurian legend, Arthur the Soldier peers through the myths of King Arthur, and shows what might have been the Dark Age reality—a blooded soldier, returned from distant wars, striving to bring unity and order to the land he loves.

In this evocative first release of Chaosium’s new Pendragon Fiction line, Arthurian scholar Chris Gidlow brings the legends to life, vividly transporting the reader to tumultuous post-Roman Britain.

Arthur the Soldier is Part One of the Ruin of Britain trilogy.

Edited by MOB
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Will we get reprints of earlier works of Arthurian fiction (the way Green Knight Publishing reprinted works like "The Life of Sir Aglovale de Galis", "To the Chapel Perilous", and "Kinsmen of the Grail") as well as new works in this line?

While I will look to get into this apparently new line of books, please may I urge Chaosium to not forget about Le Morte d’Arthur and The Arthurian Concordance. Kickstarter backers have been waiting for six years for it - beset by one tragedy after another. I would hope it to be a core reference for the new Pendragon edition. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TrippyHippy said:

While I will look to get into this apparently new line of books, please may I urge Chaosium to not forget about Le Morte d’Arthur and The Arthurian Concordance. Kickstarter backers have been waiting for six years for it - beset by one tragedy after another. I would hope it to be a core reference for the new Pendragon edition. 

I'm interested in the Arthurian Concordance as well.

8 hours ago, TrippyHippy said:

As a fellow backer I could not agree more

10 hours ago, TrippyHippy said:

Late backer here.  I concur.