Ancient egyptian, roman, greek or other earth non mythos gods rpg stats for call of cthulhu!

skull

Ancient egyptian, roman, greek or other earth non mythos gods rpg stats for call of cthulhu rpg.  looking for isis, sobek,sebek, anubus, and others. Any stats for any mytholoical gods norse, aztec. basically non cthulhu mythos gods, dieties etc.  i know i have seen some in books, but i can't recall what books. I know some think stating god is pointless, i would be using them as avatars, not a full manifestation of the god but just a part of a god.  if you know of any books that have such stats please let me know.

• 2 months later...

First off, you need to decide how powerful these Earth-based Gods are.

I posted on this topic, and my idea was that all Earth-based Gods were Great Ones and, thus, not at all very powerful on the grand Mythos scale of things.  Check out the specs for Noden and Bast in the C of C rulebook since they are both one of the Elder, which may or may not be the same as a Great One.  Also, compare the specs of Hastur and any of the Great Old Ones to give you the context or limits of an Earth-based God.

On 8/16/2023 at 2:09 AM, skull said:

Ancient egyptian, roman, greek or other earth non mythos gods rpg stats for call of cthulhu rpg.  looking for isis, sobek,sebek, anubus, and others. Any stats for any mytholoical gods norse, aztec. basically non cthulhu mythos gods, dieties etc.  i know i have seen some in books, but i can't recall what books. I know some think stating god is pointless, i would be using them as avatars, not a full manifestation of the god but just a part of a god.  if you know of any books that have such stats please let me know.

RQ began, you will recall, as an alternative to D&D.  3d6 stats, etc.
Then came the "begats"
Call of Cthulhu, I think, is thus Cain, 1st-generation descendant (who slew BRP-Abel (but that is not dead which can rise via ORC license)) ...   But I digress.

I'd grab any D&D "Deities & Demigods" (aka "Legends & Lore") book that has those real-world pantheons in them.

Should be good enough to get on with.

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 8/16/2023 at 11:09 AM, skull said:

I would give them stats in line with the Dreamland Gods. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1