Khorst

Snugz

Hi,

Why does Khorst (port city west of Handra) still exist in 1625 -- or does it? I am unclear how it has persisted with ship-hating Ramalia so nearby (~30km from capital Bizos!); not to mention the Alatan pirates. Yeah, Trachodon Marsh is a pain but Khorst is not THAT isolated from land?

IMG, once the Boat Planet does its reveal in 1624, the Ramalians say enough of this nonsense and unleash Hell, so Khorst is first on the menu and that's that. But I wonder what others think.

1 hour ago, Snugz said:

Why does Khorst (port city west of Handra) still exist in 1625 -- or does it? I am unclear how it has persisted with ship-hating Ramalia so nearby (~30km from capital Bizos!); not to mention the Alatan pirates. Yeah, Trachodon Marsh is a pain but Khorst is not THAT isolated from land?

A wide tract of marsh filled with large and/or hungry dinosaurs, on the sea the Ramalians fear.

33 minutes ago, M Helsdon said:

A wide tract of marsh filled with large and/or hungry dinosaurs, on the sea the Ramalians fear.

I'm not so convinced, as the New Fens are much larger (in terms of what is Ramalia-adjacent), not full of dinos but still very unfriendly folk, newtlings and Lutrai; and yet Handra (which is out in the Mournsea; and MUCH further from Ramalia/Bizos) has had a really rough time with Ramalia?

9 minutes ago, Snugz said:

I'm not so convinced, as the New Fens are much larger (in terms of what is Ramalia-adjacent), not full of dinos but still very unfriendly folk, newtlings and Lutrai; and yet Handra (which is out in the Mournsea; and MUCH further from Ramalia/Bizos) has had a really rough time with Ramalia?

Lutrai isn't a name for the Giant Otters of the New Fens. Handra has no history in the Guide to Glorantha with having a 'rough time' with Ramalia.

11 minutes ago, M Helsdon said:

Lutrai isn't a name for the Giant Otters of the New Fens. Handra has no history in the Guide to Glorantha with having a 'rough time' with Ramalia.

True, the few sentences of recent canon stuff about Handra/Khorst doesn't support or deny much of anything. Indeed, following it we might assume that Ramalia has attacked no one!

3 minutes ago, Snugz said:

True, the few sentences of recent canon stuff about Handra/Khorst doesn't support or deny much of anything. Indeed, following it we might assume that Ramalia has attacked no one!

No one might be a bit of an exaggeration if you think of the Mraloti subjects, but possibly noone within sight of the sea.

My main problem with Khorst is how it manages to feed itself - Cajun-like harvesting the marshes to support an urban population?

Telling how it is excessive verbis