area effect powers?

There are no area effect powers that I can find. I was thinking of creating some "close burst" versions of standard powers like Blind, Stun, Blast, etc. that radiate out from the character with the character as the epicenter, affecting everyone within range, perhaps with a lesser effect.

Let's say this was a super-power. What would be an appropriate power cost and/or Power-Point cost increase for this?

Christian Conkle

Blogs: Geek Rampage! - Swords of Cydoria - Exiled in Eris

There are no area effect powers that I can find. I was thinking of creating some "close burst" versions of standard powers like Blind, Stun, Blast, etc. that radiate out from the character with the character as the epicenter, affecting everyone within range, perhaps with a lesser effect.

Let's say this was a super-power. What would be an appropriate power cost and/or Power-Point cost increase for this?

WHOA!!! THE Christian Conkle? Love your site and lightspeed!!!

COOL!!!

What happened with Fuzion?

btw, i never used superpowers, and usually multispell beats area effects, since you don't hit your friends. If you are familiar with it, you can use it, or use it as area, or heck, just port area blast from fuzion!

"It seems I'm destined not to move ahead in time faster than my usual rate of one second per second"

How about a variable spell that for every spell level costs 1 Power Point and creates an area effect blast that does 1d6 damage to anyone within a 2 m radius? That's probably about the scale I think, or in the ball park at least.

Each spell level is accumulative, so as an example, a Blast 4 effect would create an 8m diameter blast that does 4d6 damage to anyone within that diameter. Perhaps there is some type of way to avoid it, perhaps a successful Agility roll could indicate only half damage taken instead of full force or something like that...

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

Maybe a Stun blast would work similarly, except instead of the 1d6 damage per spell level, you could make the opponent make a roll on the Resistance Table on CON vs the caster's POW, requiring a success to remain conscious, otherwise the opponent is stunned for the duration of the spell. Perhaps if it was a variable spell the caster could receive+2/additional spell level to their POW for purposes of the Resistance Roll, thus making it a more potent Stun effect for more powerful versions of the spell.

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"