On the Cheap

Greetings! If I didn't have much available cash but wanted to get started using a d100 system and I didn't want to homebrew my own, which of the free systems would you fine fellows say is the closest to BRP? Which is the most compatible with the supplement books?

OpenQuest or GORE work fine.

You may want to check RetroQuest that owns very hard (though it does not have character generation rules... yet)

"It seems I'm destined not to move ahead in time faster than my usual rate of one second per second"

Greetings! If I didn't have much available cash but wanted to get started using a d100 system and I didn't want to homebrew my own, which of the free systems would you fine fellows say is the closest to BRP? Which is the most compatible with the supplement books?

It would depend a bit on the genre you are interested in - what is good for fantasy is not

necessarily also good for modern or science fiction. For example, if you are thinking of a

Victorian or modern setting, the free Call of Cthulhu Quickstart rules could be better than,

for example, GORE.

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)