Meaning of Sporebore

Oracle

Currently while working myself through Cults of Runequest - Mythology I've run into the Battle of Sporebore. Not being a native English speaker, I have issuese with the meaning of Sporebore. Is the meaning something similar to Sporeborn? Or more something like Sporepit? Or neither of them?

So I thought I trigger the Glorantha hive mind here to get a broader view ...

Edited by Oracle

2 minutes ago, Oracle said:

Currently while working myself through Cults of Runequest - Mythology I've run into the Battle of Sporebore. Not being a native English speaker, I have issuese with the meaning of Sporebore. Is the meaning something similar to Sporeborn? Or more something like Sporepit? Or neither of them?

Errr, could have been any of them.

It happened down in Pamaltela, during the Lesser Darkness. Records aren't good. Could have been because spores were digging into something during the battle, could have been because there was a river that had a crossing where, back in the day, a spore had bored into something, and then that's what the settlement the battle was fought near was named after.

Also, it was the Lesser Darkness, when Time wasn't really a thing.

Yeah. We're talking deep myth. Could have been any of them.

3 hours ago, Oracle said:

It's just a name that Greg used, it may or may not have meant something at the time. As it's a proper noun - it could be a place or a person. Or a place where there was a tidal bore of spores instead of water. Whatever you decide on is fine.

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/