Onelisin Cat-Witch and the Alynx

Tobbe-A

Onelisin and her three daughters, Minara Alynx among them, are said to be able to turn into alynx. Do we know anything more about that being a Cat Witch, as in where the ability comes from and how it is gained?

See: [Yanioth the Red-Haired Huntress] https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/yanioth-the-red-haired-huntress/

And Dorasa the Cat Witch (Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes)

Dorasa the Cat Witch (Sartar- Kingdom of Heroes).jpeg

16 hours ago, Tobbe-A said:

Onelisin and her three daughters, Minara Alynx among them, are said to be able to turn into alynx. Do we know anything more about that being a Cat Witch, as in where the ability comes from and how it is gained?

I'd suggest it's a rare subcult of Yinkin, that gives the Rune spell become (Shadowcat). Base it on Become (other shape) 3RP - RBM 16, and let it use the Beast Rune. Unlike the Hsunchen transform spells, the adventurer is just a normal shadowcat, not mythical beast with increased attributes.

• Like 3

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

14 minutes ago, David Scott said:

I'd suggest it's a rare subcult of Yinkin, that gives the Rune spell become (Shadowcat). Base it on Become (other shape) 3RP - RBM 16, and let it use the Beast Rune. Unlike the Hsunchen transform spells, the adventurer is just a normal shadowcat, not mythical beast with increased attributes.

Thanks! That should work for now.

The first station is the fall from a great height; all the better if you can be pushed. You will not land on your feet; this is a failure of being not-Alynx.

The second station is being licked back to life by Yinkin, him and all his children, just as he saved Orlanth. The chill of the grave is the chill of the frost, and his warm tongue may be a salve to both.

The third station is to return to the ordinary life that you once identified as yours. You must destroy as much of it as your clan will let you get away with. This is not who I am, your Alynx-soul howls. I am outside your roles and rites, I am Yinkin’s child.

Then all will know you for who you are and who you are not; you will be the cat-who-is-woman, and the cats will recognize you as family.

(Source: Burton, Tim; The Crimson Bat Returns, 1992.)

• Like 3