Will someone, anyone, PLEASE run a BRP campaign for me via internetz?

doofstructor

So, I bought the BGB the other day and read through the entire thing with grubby, sweaty paws. I was hooked immediately! Why, oh why did it take me this long to find something that just seems to work for whatever you want to throw at it with minimal confusion?

I am a very old, long ago, AD&D player who happened to buy Stormbringer 4th ed and wanted immediately to switch waaaaay back after reading it. But, alas, I was getting older, folks were moving away and ........ nothing came of it.

I really don't care what the scenario is, i just want someone far more adept than me to run something I can play using MapTools, Open RPG, Fantansy Grounds.....whatever. I've tried finding something locally, FGS, obsidian portal....even Fantasy Grounds where Vudo was (is?) trying to start something, but I haven't been able to find anything.

I really want to embrace my youth and let my imagination reign again.

Can someone help? If it matters (i know it kinda does) I'm EDT (GMT -5 right now, I think) and could only do evenings and weekends, but I would so love to play. Classic Fantasy (by Rod Leary) looks like something I would totally dig, but I am up for anything.

Anyone? I'm sure there would be others that might be interested.

Sorry, doofstructor, my BRP campaign on Fantasy Grounds went south due to lack of interest.

As I wrote you in a PM, I have moved on to a more accepted game system that allows me to play Sci-Fi in a local group - it uses a d20, but is luckily extremly far away of being comparable with the "d20 system".

I am still a huge BRP fan, but not having the acceptance locally and having my last game group spread around the whole globe, there had to be a change and I had to move on. :(

A bit of marketing really would have helped, but there is next to none in my area and people even do not know BRP at all.

Still, there is hope and at some time I belive there will be a new shining BRP star at the horizon.

Well Blackfoot was trying to test out his RQ2 conversion on Fantasy Grounds on the Guildhouse forum. Have you seen that ? He is your time zone and he is looking for players to play Apple Lane.

I did see that...but also saw the party list was already quite large, and I am not familiar with RQ2....that is to say, I know about its history and inclusion (more or less) in the BGB, but I don't know which of the BGB rules apply....I guess I need to go throw my hat in the ring on that.

Thanks!

The later version of stormbringer forms the core of the "BGB" rules and there is a GM for stormbringer wanting players online.

The post is from the beginning of this year, so the GM may still want players for his game. Good luck.

http://www.stormbringerrpg.com/?page_id=237#/20110114/strmbr-online-306932/

Edited by Charnadis

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, doofstructor, my BRP campaign on Fantasy Grounds went south due to lack of interest.

As I wrote you in a PM, I have moved on to a more accepted game system that allows me to play Sci-Fi in a local group - it uses a d20, but is luckily extremly far away of being comparable with the "d20 system".

A bit of marketing really would have helped, but there is next to none in my area and people even do not know BRP at all.

Oh man...truer words were ne'er spoken. Insane pity that you are so on the mark with your reply. This frustrates me to no end and makes me rue the day I picked up the BGB. How could something so awesome only tempt and not deliver? If I could only participate in a handful of sessions I would gladly attempt GM'ing for others, but I fear that without some exposure to the game by way of someone with experience my attempts would be less than desirable.

Thanks for the replies folks. Guess I need to look into something else. *sniff* :(

Damn man, that sucks. Personally I'd recommend just going "**** it" and running it yourself anyway. It's such a simple system at heart that if you've got any experience with running games at all you should find it a breeze.

I'd suggest starting off with as few of the optional rules turned on as possible at the start and running something fairly simple like a one-shot (which for me usually means 4-5 sessions) to get you and the players used to it. The beauty of BRP is that pretty much everyone gets it immediately so the rules just sit behind the game, supporting it perfectly without getting in the way. I've run some really difficult systems in the past but BRP is such a dream to run that I don't think you really need the experience of playing it first.

EDIT: I've just been censored by the forum. I feel like I'm in a Marvel Max comix, "edgy" but for god's sake don't actually print any swearing. How odd.

Edited by KingSkin

"Not gods - Englishmen. The next best thing."

I haven't ever used Classic Fantasy but I do have it, as well as Fantasy Grounds. I'm in the Pacific time zone so I might be able to run something on the weekend or late night ( in the EDT ). I have been running a weekly Pathfinder game Thurs 7:00-11:00pm on Fantasy Grounds, so I'm well versed in FG. The group might be willing to take a break from PF so I could run BRP.

I use  fantasygrounds.com

Mr. wbcreighton,

Quite a generous offer...let me know if/when something firms up with your thinking. With the exception of the week after next (Sept 10-17), my schedule is flexible. I am not currently a fantasy grounds owner, but I will be if things work out. I tend to run linux on my pc's, and based on what I have read, I might need to get a version of Windows before I take the plunge.

Thanks again!

I'm betting that a few folks around here might be interested too....

• 2 months later...

Can someone help? If it matters (i know it kinda does) I'm EDT (GMT -5 right now, I think) and could only do evenings and weekends, but I would so love to play. Classic Fantasy (by Rod Leary) looks like something I would totally dig, but I am up for anything.

I'd love to, but ... My wife won't let me!

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here