Journey to Jonstown #66: The new edition of the Jonstown Compendium Catalogue is now available!

MOB

Jonstown Compendium catalogue 2023

The 2023 edition of the Jonstown Compendium Catalogue is now available at DriveThruRPG! Community ambassador Nick Brooke's comprehensive catalogue details every supplement published in the first four years of Chaosium's community content programme for RuneQuest and Glorantha. 

If you're a gamer in Glorantha this is an invaluable resource! Featuring all 349 Jonstown Compendium releases through to December 2023, the book is divided into nine categories with titles ranked by sales. Three Where in the World? maps show product locations (where they can be pinned down), and there are notes on when each scenario and campaign is set, by year and season, including all official Chaosium RuneQuest scenarios too.

Appendices include notes for creators and best-seller charts, and a selection of fascinating bar-charts showing the growth of the programme. 

jc-catalog2023.png

Jonstown Compendium Catalogue [2023]
Nick Brooke ($3.50, 205 page PDF, 6x9 inch paperback version coming soon)

This book merges the 2022 JC Catalogue with the 2023 JC Index to present every release up to the end of December 2023, divided into nine categories: RuneQuest (scenarios), Glorantha (sourcebooks), QuestWorlds, Monsters of the Month, Virtual Tabletop Tokens, Cartography & Battle-Maps, Artpacks & Stock Art, Shorter Works, and Play Aids & Random Stuff. Detailed listings analyse content (pages split between scenario, stats, maps, etc.), calculate the price per page of content (excluding front matter, blank pages, etc.), and summarise key details about each title. 

JC catalog - where in the world

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 3

Just thinking how if the white text box wasn't there in the bottom left of the Dragon Pass map, you could see Nochet, note the source materials there, and people could see how close the city is to Dragon Pass....

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Just thinking how if the white text box wasn't there in the bottom left of the Dragon Pass map, you could see Nochet, note the source materials there, and people could see how close the city is to Dragon Pass....

Nochet is picked out on the accompanying world map of published locations:

Worldmapscenarios.png.8aeb01f10ea41111067576030c9776dd.png

• Helpful 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Like this, you mean?

image.png.7b1210580703dcd6e176e414912dc72d.png

Thanks for the feedback, I can get that correction in before we go to print.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Thanks for the feedback, I can get that correction in before we go to print.

Exactly! 🙂 

9 hours ago, MOB said:

Nochet is picked out on the accompanying world map of published locations

Yes, I had spotted that, but I figured that if your focus is Dragon Pass, you might blip over the world map even though the place is close by.

• Like 1

I honestly thought Nochet was a bit further south. In my defence, I put that white box there more than 3.5 years ago, and never thought about it again.

6 minutes ago, Nick Brooke said:

I honestly thought Nochet was a bit further south. In my defence, I put that white box there more than 3.5 years ago, and never thought about it again.

Made perfect sense then as people were beginning to create works and the map was beginning to fill up. 

But, yes, Nochet is surprisingly close, and even Rhigos not much farther. Hopefully we'll see more Esrolian works in the near future and can entice more adventurers there. 🙂 

If anyone out there sees anything else that “needs” fixing, please get the details to me by this weekend or else it’ll won’t be corrected in the paperback edition.

• Like 1

(It’s serendipity, really: @MOB included the map in his blog post, which is when I noticed that it isn’t the current version, and if he hadn’t done it you wouldn’t have pointed out that I have no idea where Nochet is, and so it grows. Happy ending, anyway. I do hope a Rhigos book is on the cards!)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nick Brooke said:

I do hope a Rhigos book is on the cards!

I hope so, too, though it won't be from me (looking at the ever-lengthening backlog: Nochet adventures, Imther East Wilds adventures, Imther Campaign, Vanch??? 🙃)