GM Adventures (CHA4029) - Erlanda's Gift?

Shiningbrow

I've just run the Cattle Raid, and as I read Erlanda's stat block (p100), I see the geas, but no mention of the Gift...

Any ideas?

Am I just not seeing it?

(looking at her skills, she's got Sense Assassin at 60% - so, could be that... but 60% is a fair bit  higher than 30%, and that's a LOT of experience checks!)

On 2/20/2024 at 5:21 AM, Shiningbrow said:

I've just run the Cattle Raid, and as I read Erlanda's stat block (p100), I see the geas, but no mention of the Gift...

Any ideas? Am I just not seeing it?

(looking at her skills, she's got Sense Assassin at 60% - so, could be that... but 60% is a fair bit  higher than 30%, and that's a LOT of experience checks!)

She has Sense Assassin and the geas Never refuse a challenge to one-on-one combat.

At 27, she has much experience under belt, and has honed her Sense Assassin abilities. This is easy to increase - do at it character creation by adding 25% or by training (free), research and occasional experience checks). It's one of the three more 90% skills (there are nine to choose from) that can be used when becoming a Rune Lord, so high skills in it are not unusual.

A tip for creating NPCs, always look at the requirements for skills needed for Rune levels, most initiates will be focusing on those and training is usually cheap or free. Erlanda could be focussing on Scan, Sense Assassin, and Thrown Javelin.