Street level supers

wickus

I've been wanting to run a street level supers game for a while - never played or ran in 35 years.

Not a fan of capes & tights or spandex type supers I was wondering if Destined could be used for a game where the power level is much lower?

Thank you in advance!

street level is a defined level in destined. I've run one campaign and played in one at that level. my current campaign isn't explicitly street level, but it's very close. Absolutely it does this. From the book:

Street Campaigns

A lone martial artist battles with an ancient ninja clan that seeks control the bowery slums.

A former soldier uses his training and arsenal to wage war on the gangs threatening his neighborhood.

A girl cursed with psychic powers evades the corporation that seeks to turn her into a weapon.

Street campaigns follow heroes that are exceptional in some way, but also very much human. They feel, they bleed, and sometimes they even die. They fight against real-world crime and problems like street drugs, organized crime, and twisted serial killers.

Some Street heroes have Core Powers, but the scope is often more limited compared to their tights-wearing counterparts from the brighter parts of the city. Most Street heroes rely on their wits, their fists, and determination to win the day.

Street heroes are often vigilantes operating outside the law, their actions making them just as wanted as the criminals they fight. There may be a few sympathetic officials that side with the heroes, but there are often just as many corrupt ones, and the authorities of the city end up as another adversary. The scale of Street campaigns is more limited, focusing on a single borough or neighborhood that is rife with crime and corruption. The heroes are the only ones who can clean up their home turf, although they may have a crisis of faith when faced with the scale of the task at hand.

You should choose the Street Power Level if you want your stories to be more grounded in reality, and if you want to deal with the darker side of comic book lore. You should work together as a group to decide how “real” you want your campaign to be, and what topics might be off-limits or offensive for members of your group. Street stories sometimes feature antiheroes who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty in the pursuit of justice. It is recommended you establish from the beginning how your group feels about their heroes’ views on killing and breaking the law to ensure that everyone is on the same page.

• Example heroes: Marvel’s Daredevil, DC’s Green Arrow, Will Eisner’s The Spirit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Destined for a Street-level / Agent-based game.  Tinker with the basic stats a bit, and have a look at the Pulp/Paragon rules in Mythras Imperative for additional ideas and inspiration for tweaking.  I used Destined for a low-powered game with aging, "unpowered" versions of Captain America, Spider-Man, and the Hulk -- a group of suit-and-tie heroes -- with great success.

!i!

Edited by Ian Absentia
  • Like 4

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green