I am new to BRP and have a few questions.

Hello everyone, thank you for taking time to consider my quandaries. 

Does a collection of BRP centric supplements exist online for the system? I see a post from 2009 that brings you to chaosium and the links no longer work past that. 

Does a youtube channel or a how to guide exist explaining a round of combat more clearly? Im sure its a simple concept but im sure I am missing something. 

looking for maybe community created content, things like magic system or monsters or different usable races. 

thanks again for your help look forward to being part of the community. 

Edited by Oiscout
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Oiscout said:

Does a collection of BRP centric supplements exist online for the system. I see a post from 2009 that brings you to chaosium and the links no longer work past that. 

Well, you can find some of them at drivethrurpg.

https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/fr/publisher/2/chaosium/category/5621/basic-roleplaying

But it seems the previous line of BRP "Monograph" has been discontinued.

Does a youtube channel or a how to guide exist explaining a round of combat more clearly? Im sure its a simple concept but im sure I am missing something. 

Feel free to ask specific questions.

looking for maybe community created content, things like magic system or monsters or different usable races. 

There's a lot of those in BRP-based games, or "extended BRP family" games, such as RuneQuest, Nephilim, Magic World, Mythras and others.

The Magic Book, for instance, contains all 4 magic systems from RuneQuest 3 (the 1984 edition), which are very different from the ones in the BRP:UGE. You could also take a look at OpenQuest for simpler versions of thoseagic systems.

Nephilim and its Liber Ka have more "esoteric" magic systems.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Welcome to the board @Oiscout!

I second @Mugen post in that there is a large selection of BRP family of games that can get you off the ground pretty quickly without having to fully consume the Wall of Text that is the lore for many of them. There are quite a few RuneQuest in Glorantha [aka RQG, the current edition of RuneQuest] adventures that don't require buying a bunch of sourcebooks just so you can understand the adventure. The same goes with Call of Cthulhu [CoC] and other franchises. OTOH, if you get bitten by the RQ or Lovecraft bug, well, we got you covered 😁

You might also do a search for 'd100 games' in DriveThru for licensed games that use the basic  BRP mechanics in different environments. There is an excellent sci-fi setting called 'M-Space' for example.

And, as always, if there's any way the rest of us in Gregg's Geriatric Grognard Gang can help you. just let us know. This board is pretty active and you'll probably end up with more answers than you need. I also encourage you to check out the Chaosium Facebook Page.

• Helpful 1

15 hours ago, Mugen said:

But it seems the previous line of BRP "Monograph" has been discontinued.

Some of the monographs, and several projects that appeared originally as third party BRP supplements (like M-Space mentioned above) migrated over to Mythras during a period when The Design Mechanism was a more permissive and fertile field than Chaosium had become at the time.

Now the field has opened wide on both house systems, largely but not completely compatible, and we're beginning to see more community content coming out.

!i!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green