Illuminated PC:s in your games

On 6/18/2024 at 12:50 PM, Aurelius said:

I’d like to hear more about the actually-played Illuminates that have been active in your campaigns, including eg. Six Seasons -style Draconic Illuminates. 

Our big illuminated campaign was RQ2/3 way, way back when.

My main Adventurer, Soltak Stormspear was Illuminated but never answered a Nysalor Riddle, instead he met Nysalor on the Spirit Plane, as you do, spoke with him, gained 1D4 Illumination, rolled 3 and then rolled his 3% chance next Sacred Time. He then met Nysalor again and this time gained some Riddles that he delighted asking Yelmalian Light Sons in the Riddling Contest. He thought long and hard about being Illuminated, and decided that it was OK as long as he did not abuse it.

Derak the Dark Troll, on the other hand, was Illuminated and abused the hell out of it. At one point, the Lord General of Death summoned him and said that he had heard disturbing news. He produced two Spirit Magic matrices (Battle Magic in those days), one of Detect Chaos and the other Detect Law, and he cast the spells, rolling 100 each time, so neither went off and didn't detect anyone, so he made Derak the Grand Inquisitor, responsible for seeking out possible Illuminates, and found very many among his enemies and rivals.

Pekot was a Sword Drake who became Illuminated. Soon afterwards, he ate Eurmal's Crumbs and gained a Chaos Feature of +4D6 STR, increasing it to over 21. Being Illuminated, nobody knew, so he claimed it was a Humakti Gift, as he was on a HeroQuest at the time. He trained his already good CON to 21, then got rid of his Chaos Feature and trained his STR up to maximum.

Rilldick was a morocanth Storm Khan and wanted desperately to be Illuminated. Eventually he succeeded and went to brag to his fellow Adventurers, only to realise that every single one was Illuminated, and they said that they were waiting for him to join them but he was soooo sloooow.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here