The ORC License with BRP Supplements

I’m not sure if this is an obvious question. When publishing under the ORC license, is it acceptable to reference other BRP supplements? I’m thinking specifically of Magic World, The Magic Book, Advanced Sorcery, and Enlightened Magic.

For example, can I create an Alchemist Profession based upon the rules in one or more these books? I’m assuming it’s not okay, but wanted to clarify. Thanks in advance.

"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."

"When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking."

~Albert Einstein~

7 hours ago, LivingTriskele said:

I’m not sure if this is an obvious question. When publishing under the ORC license, is it acceptable to reference other BRP supplements? I’m thinking specifically of Magic World, The Magic Book, Advanced Sorcery, and Enlightened Magic.

That is the purpose of the ORC Licence, however:

• The material you want to include should be from a supplement covered by an ORC Licence
  • You have to include the Copyright Notice of the other supplement
  • The material to be included should not be marked as not includable (I can't remember the technical term for this)
7 hours ago, LivingTriskele said:

For example, can I create an Alchemist Profession based upon the rules in one or more these books?

You can definitely refer to the Alchemist Profession from another ORC supplement. Why would you need to replicate it? Just take bits from it. So, you could say "The Alchemist Profession can be found in [Supplement] and the following are used here" then list the things that you are including. Sure, it means that people need to buy the other supplement for the full Alchemist Profession, but that helps other authors.

• Helpful 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Thank you for the responses. I’ll rewrite the rules in my own wording, reference the source material, and encourage gamers to seek that material out for additional ideas.

"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."

"When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking."

~Albert Einstein~