GPC 5th edition from Arthaus 2006 vs Nocturnal 2015?

Been searching for a couple hours, but I'm having no luck finding what the differences are between these two printings (nearly 10 years apart)

Anyone have changelog between the two and if any of the layout, art, paper, printing quality etc... were improved in the Nocturnal version?

TrippyHippy’s comment has just made something’s click in my brain: there is potentially a difference between the available DriveThruRPG version of the GPC and the original Arthaus version because there is a minor difference in the on-page text between the two.  (Not much, about a paragraph of lag in the PDF.)

I’d figured it was probably some conversion to PDF thing which you sometimes see, but I haven’t looked beyond noticing it when printing pages for use at the table.  (I usually read up the year ahead in the paper version of the book, but then print out the relevant pages for use at the table to save lugging the whole book around).

No changelog I’m afraid, but I’ll have a look back to see where it starts if I can.  (It’s present in the Uther period, don’t know if it carries on beyond that.)

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

That is a hell of a lot of errata on that list. Unfortunately it doesn't mention which printing and the "contact me" link is to old. Maybe there is no difference, because after a couple more hours googling I still found nothing. Would be really weird to reprint it (twice at least) and not at a minimum fix that giant pile of errata though.

And thanks for the heads up that the pod version might be slightly different, but I'm only shopping for the real deal printings

3 hours ago, Metalzoic said:

That is a hell of a lot of errata on that list. Unfortunately it doesn't mention which printing and the "contact me" link is to old. Maybe there is no difference, because after a couple more hours googling I still found nothing. Would be really weird to reprint it (twice at least) and not at a minimum fix that giant pile of errata though.

It is the original 2006 printing. I don't have the newer printing so I can't help you with that. I would assume that the errors are fixed, but as I have not seen one, I can't say for sure. Maybe someone who has the deadtree version could check their book vs. the errata and let you know?

• Like 1

I don't have the Nocturnal version, but I have both prior versions in the original hardcopies (Arthaus and Chaosium), and they're excellent. Did not realize there might be differences between Arthaus and Nocturnal, and now I'm watching this thread with bated breath!

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: 1870s Mashup Hero System | Playing: nothing | Planning: D&D 5E/OSE/Fantasy Hero Home Game

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja

On 10/13/2024 at 10:02 AM, AlHazred said:

I don't have the Nocturnal version, but I have both prior versions in the original hardcopies (Arthaus and Chaosium), and they're excellent. Did not realize there might be differences between Arthaus and Nocturnal, and now I'm watching this thread with bated breath!

Both 5th edition? What years are your printings, and are there any errata fixes/differences between them?

5 hours ago, Metalzoic said:

Both 5th edition? What years are your printings, and are there any errata fixes/differences between them?

No, I was referring to the original The Pendragon Campaign for 1E (1985), which was expanded to The Boy King for 3E (1991), which was greatly expanded to The Great Pendragon Campaign, of which I own the 2005 edition. I own all three of these in the original printing; it's always been an excellent book, in all editions. That said, if there are significant differences between the Nocturnal and Arthaus editions, I may end up buying the same campaign a fourth time. Maybe one of these years, I'll actually get to run through it...

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: 1870s Mashup Hero System | Playing: nothing | Planning: D&D 5E/OSE/Fantasy Hero Home Game

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja