On the nature of Arachne Solara, Ginna Jar and Glorantha

ViktorD100

So, let me see if I got this. 

Ginna Jar is Arachne Solara, Arachne Solara is Glorantha, Glorantha is Ginna Jar. 

Therefore Arachne Solara is Ginna Jar, Ginna Jar is Glorantha, Glorantha is Arachne Solara. 

Therefore Glorantha is Ginna Jar, Ginna Jar is Arachne Solara, Arachne Solara is Glorantha. 

Did I get that right? 

Probably, but they went through some pretty massive changes at each step. Glorantha died and became Ginna Jar, Ginna Jar traveled/was brought to the depths of the underworld and emerged as Arachne Solara, now Arachne Solara governs the compromise that prevents Glorantha from being destroyed again. Is a reborn soul the same person that it was previously?

1 hour ago, ViktorD100 said:

So, let me see if I got this. 

Ginna Jar is Arachne Solara, Arachne Solara is Glorantha, Glorantha is Ginna Jar. 

Therefore Arachne Solara is Ginna Jar, Ginna Jar is Glorantha, Glorantha is Arachne Solara. 

Therefore Glorantha is Ginna Jar, Ginna Jar is Arachne Solara, Arachne Solara is Glorantha. 

Did I get that right? 

Think of it like the Trinity - Logically Yes but Theologically No.

• Like 1

Both Ginna Jar and Arachne Solara are aspects of Glorantha, somewhat limited expressions of that vast entity. Portions of the greater deity, with a few individual traits developed "separately" (as far as you can be in Glorantha, of Glorantha, and yet be separate).

Telling how it is excessive verbis