Help me stat up the effects of a drug

Evilschemer

In the adventure I'm writing, the evil cult consumes a narcotic drug dilluted in wine that has the following effects:

1) Feeling of euphoria and invulnerability

2) Reduced pain, sensitivity

3) Increased susceptibility to mind control/dominance

The player characters have an opportunity to consume this drug too, on purpose or accidentally, so I need some advice on how best to model the above effects.

Like how to model the reduced pain: extra hit points? Keep acting even after hit points reduced to zero?

What are some suggestions?

Any precedents in other books? I've been going over my CoC books and other BRP supplements but haven't found anything close yet.

Christian Conkle

Blogs: Geek Rampage! - Swords of Cydoria - Exiled in Eris

Roleplaying is probably the best bet. Possibily increase the multiplier for stamina or effort rolls?

Ignore or reduce effects of major wounds or limb HPs brought to 0 or below. Depending on how good this stuff is maybe allow folks to function when they should be knocked out or even dead.

Penalty to POW (maybe half?) to resist spells or psionics. If it is some kind of "attribute times 5 roll" you could reduce the multiplier or make it difficult.

In the adventure I'm writing, the evil cult consumes a narcotic drug dilluted in wine that has the following effects:

The player characters have an opportunity to consume this drug too, on purpose or accidentally, so I need some advice on how best to model the above effects.

Like how to model the reduced pain: extra hit points? Keep acting even after hit points reduced to zero?

What are some suggestions?

Any precedents in other books? I've been going over my CoC books and other BRP supplements but haven't found anything close yet.

1) Will rolls and sanity rolls become easy.

2) Damage are calculated normally but are halved when considering pain (falling unconscious, knockout, criticals effects which are based on pain rather than true injury: like bleeding or broken limbs which still apply, of course). They may even be just ignored, as Filbanto suggested it.

3) Power is halved when the character tries to resist control/dominance. I fully do agree with Filbanto here.

Don't forget other effects of drugs which can be very interesting for role playing: addiction for instance.

• 4 weeks later...

1) Feeling of euphoria and invulnerability: The player will likely have multiple actions in mind by this point. The character should take whichever one would accomplish the most if successful, regardless of the chance of failure or risk if it did indeed fail. This would be negated by an IDEA roll on that round, before taking that action. However, SAN rolls would be considered Easy (As suggested by someone above)

2) Reduced pain, sensativity: I'd say that a certain amount of HP loss could be ignored until the drug wears off, which would then take effect immediately with possibly fatal results.

3) Increased Susceptability to mind control/dominance: all checks to avoid mental effects move one catagory towards difficult. That's <--(difficult/normal/easy).

An easy check has 2* the chance to succeed, a difficult one has 1/2 the chance to succeed.

And also: Consider addiction and withdrawal as they apply to this. They make for an interesting journey for characters.

Edited by Link6746