Missile Weapons in the Combat Round

Paul_Va

On p. 214 under the heading "Autofire," it says that autofire and burst weapons go off at the character's DEX rank as opposed to the beginning of the combat round. However, this seems to contradict what the rules say in the chapter on combat on p. 189 under the "Actions" heading where it says, "Within a particular DEX rank, attacks usually go in order of weapon type. Attackers armed with missile weapons (bows, guns, etc.) are considered to act before those in hand-to-hand (melee) combat."

You can follow me on Google+ here: https://www.google.com/+PaulVasquezE

On p. 214 under the heading "Autofire," it says that autofire and burst weapons go off at the character's DEX rank as opposed to the beginning of the combat round. However, this seems to contradict what the rules say in the chapter on combat on p. 189 under the "Actions" heading where it says, "Within a particular DEX rank, attacks usually go in order of weapon type. Attackers armed with missile weapons (bows, guns, etc.) are considered to act before those in hand-to-hand (melee) combat."

The order p189 appears to be the correct interpretation. The only thing that I'm aware of that runs outside of DEX ranks is Magic and Powers.

Now I suppose it could have originally been an "advantage" for the old powers system that appeared in the drafts, and just missed editing when it was migrated to the spot rules.

SDLeary

I don't see the contradiction. Take two characters in melee range. One has a pistol, one has a sword. If both have DEX 10, pistol goes first. If the sword guy has DEX 11 he strikes first.

I don't see the contradiction. Take two characters in melee range. One has a pistol, one has a sword. If both have DEX 10, pistol goes first. If the sword guy has DEX 11 he strikes first.

The contradiction is that in the Spot rules it indicates that missile weapons go at the beginning of every combat round. This would make missile attacks similar to Powers. On p. 189 it says they go first within the DEX rank.

You can follow me on Google+ here: https://www.google.com/+PaulVasquezE

The contradiction is that in the Spot rules it indicates that missile weapons go at the beginning of every combat round. This would make missile attacks similar to Powers. On p. 189 it says they go first within the DEX rank.

Gotcha. Spot rule is messed up. Ignore bit about missiles normally going first.

I read it that missile weapons that are readied go first in dex order then everyone acts in dex order and if the rof allowed you would fire again on your dex rank. Auto fire and burst wins go in dex order and not at the start of the round even if they were readied.