non-human starting age

tgcb

Page 48 says "Note that this table can be used for non-human characters by simply substituting the actual number of years for longer or shorter lived races."

Is there more guidance elsewhere in the book that I'm not seeing? (Making a Dwarf and not sure what starting age should be). For example, is there a chart similar to the the one below for D20?

Race Middle Age Old Venerable Maximum Age

Human 35 years 53 years 70 years +2d20 years

Dwarf 125 years 188 years 250 years +2d% years

Elf 175 years 263 years 350 years +4d% years

Gnome 100 years 150 years 200 years +3d% years

Half-elf 62 years 93 years 125 years +3d20 years

Half-orc 30 years 45 years 60 years +2d10 years

Halfling 50 years 75 years 100 years +5d20 years

Page 48 says "Note that this table can be used for non-human characters by simply substituting the actual number of years for longer or shorter lived races."

Is there more guidance elsewhere in the book that I'm not seeing? (Making a Dwarf and not sure what starting age should be). For example, is there a chart similar to the the one below for D20?

Race Middle Age Old Venerable Maximum Age

Human 35 years 53 years 70 years +2d20 years

Dwarf 125 years 188 years 250 years +2d% years

Elf 175 years 263 years 350 years +4d% years

Gnome 100 years 150 years 200 years +3d% years

Half-elf 62 years 93 years 125 years +3d20 years

Half-orc 30 years 45 years 60 years +2d10 years

Halfling 50 years 75 years 100 years +5d20 years

No, we haven't given more guidance. Its up to you as GM what you want to allot to different species.

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

No, we haven't given more guidance. Its up to you as GM what you want to allot to different species.

Guess what I'm going to suggest as a "stretch bonus" for the Indiogogo hardcover when you surpass your goal? ;)

Does this mean that a supplement for RQ6 that was akin to the Dungeon Fantasy line of PDFs from Steve Jackson for GURPS would be in order? Basically translating hack-n-slash dungeon delves into RQ6 so you don't have to?

Ha!...well, wasn't looking for a book ...just a table or 2 (or just a comment in each section) for the 8 "player character option" races.

I realize space is at a premium, but for those of us that like to make non-human characters, we would really like a "one-stop shopping" book. And let's all remember that this book isn't just for Runequest "old-timers"....I'm trying to get new people into the game as well, and this book is competing against the cool looking, all-color, all-mighty Pathfinder books.

PS- I do know that BRP Classic Fantasy has a such a chart

PS- I do know that BRP Classic Fantasy has a such a chart

Hi,

Its no secret that I'm working on a Legend conversion of Classic Fantasy. If you like, here is the racial age information from the book.

Again, it is going to give very D&D age ranges, so it may not fit everyone's campaign.

Racial Starting Ages

Dwarf 40+5D6

Elf 100+5D6

Gnome 60+3D12

Half-Elf 15+1D6

Half-Orc 14+1D4

Halfling 20+3D4

Human 15+1D4

Sorry about the formatting.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

No, Loz, I didn't figure it would be a TDM product. Perhaps a third party monograph of sorts.

As for putting it into the RQ6 book, that would tie things down too much. Every game setting could be different. Maybe dwarves live to be 200 in one game, but only to 120 in another and are functionally immortal in a third.

No, Loz, I didn't figure it would be a TDM product. Perhaps a third party monograph of sorts.

As for putting it into the RQ6 book, that would tie things down too much. Every game setting could be different. Maybe dwarves live to be 200 in one game, but only to 120 in another and are functionally immortal in a third.

Well, every human campaign can be different too. What if I'm a "Numenorian" that can live 400 years? What if I'm in Ancient Greece and I'm lucky to live til 45?

In any case...not asking to turn Runequest into "D&DQuest", just want simple information for the other playable races.

Well, every human campaign can be different too. What if I'm a "Numenorian" that can live 400 years? What if I'm in Ancient Greece and I'm lucky to live til 45?

In any case...not asking to turn Runequest into "D&DQuest", just want simple information for the other playable races.

When you get down to it, the numbers in RQ6 are skewed, I suspect, towards a more modern life expectancy - dotage at 90+ - so who knows what you'd get with the other races. Maybe they're all exactly the same as humans in the "default" world?