BRP and use of miniatures

Enpeze

I used BRP since 1989 for nearly all my rpgs. But always without miniatures. Now after playing Savage Worlds the last several years too I came used to the rpg minatures gaming style and I like its gamism. So I would like to try it for BRP too.

Does anyone here have more experience with combining minis and BRP? And if yes, how does he use them? More like a generic position reminder or as a more integrated, gamistic experience. (like eg D&D or Savage Worlds) Are there any rules out there for it? Thanks for input.

Classic Fantasy has a pretty detailed miniatures system in it. I devoted an entire chapter to it.

Now be aware that it's in the hard copy but NOT the PDF. For some reason Chaosium did not update the PDF no matter how many times I asked.

So, if you already have or intend to purchase the PDF, let me know and I'll update it for you.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

I agree.

Classic fantasy's miniature combat rules are very good and can be adapted to other BRP games.

Classic Fantasy has a pretty detailed miniatures system in it. I devoted an entire chapter to it.

Now be aware that it's in the hard copy but NOT the PDF. For some reason Chaosium did not update the PDF no matter how many times I asked.

So, if you already have or intend to purchase the PDF, let me know and I'll update it for you.

Rod

Classic fantasy's miniature combat rules are very good and can be adapted to other BRP games.

I've owned this forever, and I don't think I ever got 'round to reading these rules. They really are remarkably thorough, and while I have some questions about some of the decisions in them (why all actions at once? for example) I can totally see adapting these to most any BRP style game with little effort.

Rod I take it that those mini rules will be included in the next edition of Classic Fantasy?

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"