The Taskan Empire

lawrence.whitaker

New for RuneQuest 6. The Taskan Empire

Companion Volume to Shores of Korantia, The Taskan Empire takes you into the fraught world of the Immortal Emperor Zygas Taga, embodied in the fearsome, magically animated avatar, The Iron Simulacrum.

This 105 page book provides a full overview of the empire, it people, customs, religion and more. Character creation rules for Taskan characters are provided as are rules for cults, new spells and the way Taskan religion is indelibly bound into the lives of all who live in the Simulacrum's shadow.

You can purchase in two ways. The PDF on its own is available from http://www.thedesignmechanism.com/products (and in the RuneQuest Supplements category) for just $5.99. Or, you can buy the Print on Demand copy from our Lulu site (http://www.lulu.com/…/the-t…/paperback/product-22067471.html). If you buy the Lulu copy, you get the PDF free of charge. Just email us at designmechanism AT gmail DOT com and attach a copy of your Lulu receipt. We'll send you a redemption code for the PDF from our own website.

Taskan%20Empire%20Cover%20Small.jpg.opt2

• Like 3

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

It's nice to see a publisher using innovative methods to avoid high shipping costs. The Lulu thing is great. I got  a copy of Essentials via that route and had it in my hands in the UK three or four days after i placed the order. The quality of the hard copy is perfectly fine, although I haven't used it at the table (it's a player backup for my HC RQ6). Bundling the PDF is definitely the way forward as it is so easy to produce player handouts using copy and paste or printing a couple of pages.

Kudos to DM for being there for the fans.

• Like 3

Nigel

• 7 months later...

Shores and Korantia and The Taskan Empire are so incredibly well done! My fantasy group is switching back over to RuneQuest using this setting. So much detail, well thought out, lots of opportunity for adventure and intrigue. I was super impressed with the first book for that other system, but the combination of the polish of RQ6 and these two is something special. All I can say is - six thumbs up, 27 stars, highly recommend.

• Like 4

Trentin C Bergeron

Bard, Creative, & RPG Enthusiast

Word!

For polish, forethought, solid supplements and interesting settings, nothing beats RQ6 in my opinion! Unfortunately, it's just not the game for the tastes of my crew and considering wonderful publications like The Book of QuestsMonster Island, The Shores of Korantia, and Mythic Britain,--all of which I own--such a state of affairs makes me very sad. 

Having consequently switched over to MW as a happy compromise, it makes The Co.’s present stance on MW even more poignant.

Cheers!

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08