Help Converting D&D 3.5e/Pathfinder Spells to BRP

KPhan2121

Been using Classic Fantasy for BRP for some time now. I want to take some spells from D&D 3.5 and convert them to BRP. However, I can't seem to find any magic conversion rules for BRP. Do they exist? If not, is there anything I should look out for if I were to create my own conversion rules? 

You like Fading Suns? Well, I made a thing that's kinda like it!

I would think most of those spells have an equivalent in Rods Classic Fantasy, Magic World, Advanced Sorcery, Magic Book, or BGB...

If you'd post specifically what spells you'd like to convert I'm sure someone here can give great advice.

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

My Magic World projects page: Tooleys Underwhelming Projects

Your best bet it to study the existing spells and see how equivilent ones were converted. BRP has some built in consistancy with regards to spells so just continue with that. For example, damage spells are typically 1d6 per 3 magic points, as are healing spells. Balence them against those that already exist and you should do fine.

Rod

• Like 1

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

Think Rods spidey senses tingle whenever someone mentions him or his great works. :)

I came up with a bot that automatically looks for my name on the web, notifies me, and deletes any negative posts.  B-)

• Like 3

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

Your best bet it to study the existing spells and see how equivilent ones were converted. BRP has some built in consistancy with regards to spells so just continue with that. For example, damage spells are typically 1d6 per 3 magic points, as are healing spells. Balence them against those that already exist and you should do fine.

Rod

Thanks for the advice, I've been putting it to good use. Btw are you the guy who wrote the Classic Fantasy book?

You like Fading Suns? Well, I made a thing that's kinda like it!