Renaissance on Roll20

michaelsbagley

Hey all,

I know playing online is not a favoured medium for players of RPGs... But for those of you who enjoy the Renaissance rules, I have made, submitted, and gotten a character sheet for the Roll20 online playing portal. Setting up custom character sheets on this portal can be an onerous task,  and up until now, the only BRP derived sheets available on the portal have been Runequest and Call of Cthulhu. So because I work hours that makes getting in face to face game time a challenge, and reside in an area that seems like if it isn't D&D or D&D derived (Pathfinder) it isn't hardly played..... It was a worhtwhile effort for me to set it up.

I also thought I would share the news in case there are others who have similarcircumstances, and want to enjoy this great game system, and want to use an onine portal to do so.

If anyone does try it out, please gve me some feedback.

Cheers

• Like 4

I use Roll20 to game with my old buddies, but it's difficult for me to get live gaming time in any case. I run my 1st ed AD&D Tekumel hack on Roll20 for them, and it's working out OK. But we got a lot more gaming in on play-by-post boards. OTOH, Roll20 allows us to see and hear each other playing, which is hard to beat. In any case, any efforts to make good games easier on Roll20 is appreciated. I play Chaosium 2nd ed RQ, and older Call of Cthulhu, and have yet to try Renn. But knowing it's out there and bringing more players in, makes it that much more likely that I'll be able to try it someday. (Especially if someone hacks Drageara!) So kudos, for your efforts.

• Like 1

I think you would be surprised at how many D100 gamers to play online. for example the authors of Runequest 6 have played online for years and years and years and myself I regularly play Google Hangouts games online including RQ and Traveller.

I have always found the map and character sheet online portal was a little difficult to understand. I am very pleased you have done this character sheet. indeed is it possible that you could arrange again for some of us who have no experience of roll20 to join you and learn how to use this portal? Tom zunder

This is good news!

I've been playing online a lot lately. It's just about the only way to get a group for less mainstream (non-D&D) games. Roll20 has worked great so far.

It's not quite face-to-face but balances out in letting me play what/when I can.

Hopefully Renaissance can get on their search fields as well... it's kind of weird to me what games are listed there vs. what games aren't.

• Like 1

My understanding is the "search for games" list is decided and derived by the volume of games actively being played. They take regular stats of what is being played, and update accordingly. So the best way to get a smaller market game listed , is to play it and encourage others to.

• Like 1