Has anyone tried to do a BRP DBZ type game?

Dokueki

Just wondering cause I was trying to figure out a way to do it. I was going to use Dragon lines for the different styles, but I am not sure how to represent a characters power level or a mechanic that would allow a saiyan to get stronger after surviving a near death experience, any help or point to some one else would be appreciated. Thank you.

This is a job for Superworld rather than Dragon Lines.  I would build your super warrior with two or three increasingly strong alternate forms with strongest as the base character.  In play, however, he starts out as the weakest -- a normal if athletic guy who is really good at martial arts.  After each seeming defeat he "powers up" by switching to the next form.

"My God, he's above 9,0000!"

DBZ? Wikipedia says:

• dBZ (meteorology), decibels of Z, a meteorological measure of equivalent reflectivity (Z) of a radar signal
  • Dragon Ball Z, the anime adaptation of the second portion of the Dragon Ball manga
  • Divided by Zero, an American rock band
  • Dean Zelinsky (born 1957), American guitar designer and founder of DBZ Guitar

Although a RPG based around a rock band sounds good, I'm guessing the manga one.

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Funny, but how about some useful suggestions for the OP from you BRP veterans?  ;)

To be fair, Dragonball Z characters are hard to model in any role-playing system because they are so outrageously over-the-top.  Goku already possessed superhero-level strength and agility as a child in the first Dragonball series.  As an adult, he cranks it up waaay beyond 11 with opponents to match.  If they didn't spend so much time boasting, their battles would have long since crumbled the Earth to talcum powder.  :)

Edited by seneschal
Add comment
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...