Nameless Streets - anyone still playing?

jholen

Hey all!

The wife and I are just getting into playing Heroquest and her comments from last weekends session (set in the world of Harry Potter) were, "It was much more fun than last time!" The last time she is referring to was using another rules lite system, FU, and I agree with her assessment - HQ really worked well! We're using a mix of Rory's story cubes and Mythic to run our games and we had a blast.

With that said, I'd like to get into a more published setting and am not sure how she'll take to Glorantha (though I'm going to give it a shot tonight) which brings me to Nameless Streets. I can't seem to find much current discussion on it, though the stuff from it's time of release up until around 2012 seemed to be only praise for the supplement. 

Is anyone out there still running Nameless Streets? I've reached out to Alephtar Games to see if they can't ship me a print edition from overseas, so we'll see on that department.

Thanks.

Hi Jholen,

Where did you send that message you mentioned? I can find nothing on any forum or Facebook, nor in the mail. We ship overseas with no problem. You can buy the book here: http://www.rpgmeeting.org/rpgmeeting/en/shop. As you can see, we only have one copy left in stock, after which I am uncertain as to whether it will go POD.

Nameless Streets does have people still playing it, although the latest converts use the Italian edition which is a standalone game. And I can confirm that I have successfully used it to "convert" to HeroQuest some people for whom Glorantha did not "click".

• Like 2

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

How did you do the actual combination of Rory's dice, Mythic and HeroQuest? Did you go entirely without a GM or only partly? I have tried Mythic as an aid to run a few unprepared sessions (with BRP) and I'm surprised how efficient it was. 

• Like 1

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

M–SPACE   d100 Roleplaying in the Far Future

Odd Soot  Science Fiction Mystery in the 1920s

6 hours ago, RosenMcStern said:

Hi Jholen,

Where did you send that message you mentioned? I can find nothing on any forum or Facebook, nor in the mail. We ship overseas with no problem. You can buy the book here: http://www.rpgmeeting.org/rpgmeeting/en/shop. As you can see, we only have one copy left in stock, after which I am uncertain as to whether it will go POD.

Nameless Streets does have people still playing it, although the latest converts use the Italian edition which is a standalone game. And I can confirm that I have successfully used it to "convert" to HeroQuest some people for whom Glorantha did not "click".

Ah, I used the "Contacts" email option on the Alephtar website. 

Thanks for the link! 

4 hours ago, clarence said:

How did you do the actual combination of Rory's dice, Mythic and HeroQuest? Did you go entirely without a GM or only partly? I have tried Mythic as an aid to run a few unprepared sessions (with BRP) and I'm surprised how efficient it was. 

Still sorting it out, but yeah we've gone entirely without a GM. I just ordered the Game Master's Apprentice deck to speed up a portion of the mechanic used in Mythic but still intend to use the scene generation/flow between scenes for the story. I got the idea of Rory's story cubes from Sophia Brandt's excellent HQG solo event ( http://dieheart.net/heroquest-ap-one/ )

• Like 1