PDF bonanza and idle speculation

Jarulf

Chaosium's catalog is filling up nicely with both old and new stuff, well worth a look pretty much every day now.

Among the old stuff, they now have Superworld available. If I understand the description right it's basically the same as the box set, but slightly modified for the new BRP.

And Nephilim.

Could this be a sign that Chaosium are thinking of supporting both games?

I'm not a huge supers fan (I've only played Golden Heroes) but I'm suddenly tempted.

Chaosium's catalog is filling up nicely with both old and new stuff, well worth a look pretty much every day now.

Among the old stuff, they now have Superworld available. If I understand the description right it's basically the same as the box set, but slightly modified for the new BRP.

And Nephilim.

I'm not a huge supers fan (I've only played Golden Heroes) but I'm suddenly tempted.

Didn't like Nephilim ( I thought it was a White Wolf game that had accidentally been published by Chaosium!), but Superworld was wonderful:thumb:. If they have modified it for use with DBRP then I'll definately pick up a copy.

GH was a fun little game. It would be good to see a conversion of its simpler superpowers system for use with BRP or Superworld.;)

http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

Didn't like Nephilim ( I thought it was a White Wolf game that had accidentally been published by Chaosium!),

Never played it either, I was mostly noting that Chaosium had brought it out in pdf as one of their old games.

GH was a fun little game. It would be good to see a conversion of its simpler superpowers system for use with BRP or Superworld.;)

I don't think they've done a lot of changing and I doubt they'd need to after all.

We had fun playing GH, I had the players based in our home town fighting villains trying to rob known bank and so on. I adapted a White Dwarf scenario (I think it was called Peking Duck) and used a familiar Chinese restaurant the players eventually wound up demolishing. It was a short-lived campaign, but we had fun.

I am fairly certain it's just the box set, and hasn't been modified.

And Nephilim.

Ditto.

I'd bet Chaosium would be quite interested in supporting a new Superworld, but I can say sadly that past efforts by freelancers to revise Nephilim have met with little interest.

Times may have changed, though. Anyone interested in either project should contact Dustin at Chaosium.

I was hoping BRP's release would mark the start of a new breath of life from Chaosium... from the sound of it, it's shaping up to be so. PDF's available to designers, new licenses going out... I think this is fantastic.

"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

- H.P. Lovecraft

I am fairly certain it's just the box set, and hasn't been modified.

Yes, you're doubtlessly right, I probably read too much into the description. Still, nice to see some of the old stuff available again and I can't imagine using it with BRP would give more than trivial problems.

But without having seen either product yet, I imagine BRP has pretty much most rules SW has, what we'd want is setting and spot rules.

Watchmen anyone?

Times may have changed, though. Anyone interested in either project should contact Dustin at Chaosium.

You should just put Dustin's email in your sig :)

I think this is fantastic.

I can only agree. With the amount of stuff already coming out, or about to in the next six months or so, many should be able to find something of interest. Now, if only these PDFs/monographs could get a bit more exposure to the great unwa - uninitiated.