My players decided to bargain with the Mi-Go

My group finished Episode 2 last night.

Through a combination of really well-thought-out arguments, excellent role playing and some phenomenal dice rolls, my Investigators convinced most of the Agents to abandon the library-burning mission and go enjoy their lives in their new young bodies. The ones who didn't take to that idea were quietly eliminated.

The Investigators then got in touch with the Mi-Go and offered a deal: if they would decline to burn the library, they would arrange custodianship over certain volumes containing information dangerous to the Mi-Go.

Yes, despite seeing how well it worked out for Blaine and Keith Clark, the PCs bargained with the Mi-Go anyways, and now the Mi-Go know who they are and where they live. 

I'm excited to have this bite them in the backsides. I'm planning on having one of the PCs replaced by a Mi-Go spy and letting them run that as an undercover operative.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Three sessions later none of the PCs have realized, or even suspect, that a Mi-Go is wearing the skin of one of them, and has used them to not just infiltrate the headquarters of FOC, but to assassinate Abelard. Now the players are all on edge because they assume one of the NPCs - either Murdoch, Morrison or Drake, most likely - is a Mi-Go agent, or worse, that they're being followed by another psychic like Jarvis.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...