BRP skirmish/miniatures rules

Dredj

Sandy Petersen's Warhamster is a nice set of rules that hybridizes the ancestor of all Gloranthan games, Dragon Pass, with BRP to provide a simple set of rules. It has its limits but it works. Essentially, it allows you to determine the various combat factors (meleee, magic, ranged) that a miniature has by totaling several factors, including average damage done, weapon skill, armor worn etc. Combat rolls are made on d6s, not d100, but this is unavoidable in mini games since you get to roll loads of dice together.

You can find it in Tales of the Reaching Moon #12, IIRC.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

There is a Spot Rule for Mass Combat in BRP, but it just suggests a couple of very abstracted ways to handle it.

Dragon Pass is a great idea for wide-ranging large scale engagements lasting days or weeks; for individual battles I'd use a variant of the "Hordes of the things" tabletop rules (itself a variant of DBA); for anything less - well, so long as you roll fast and the troops are pretty homogenous, use BRP... :)

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

I'm a huge, old school, fan of the classic micogames from the 70's and 80's was thinking about doing a miniatures BRP conversion based on them. Infact, I just found complete scaned rule books, counters and map for the old Dwarfstar microgames that are now legitimately free to download . Heres the link should anyone be interested:

Index Page - Download The Classic Heritage Dwarfstar Boardgames For Free

I'm a huge, old school, fan of the classic micogames from the 70's and 80's was thinking about doing a miniatures BRP conversion based on them. Infact, I just found complete scaned rule books, counters and map for the old Dwarfstar microgames that are now legitimately free to download . Heres the link should anyone be interested:

Index Page - Download The Classic Heritage Dwarfstar Boardgames For Free

That looks very interesting. I'm not going to be at my own computer for awhile so I don't want to download them, just yet. However, are they D100 or easily compatible to D100?

That looks very interesting. I'm not going to be at my own computer for awhile so I don't want to download them, just yet. However, are they D100 or easily compatible to D100?

More like D6. Most microgames tend to use six sided dice as they wanted them to be playable with the most commonly and easly accessible die in the world. It's been a long time since I've played them but I'm sure they could be converted with some tinkering.