Nick is working on something...

Yeah? :P

Now tell us all about it! :happy:

SGL.

No, shan't... :P

:D

More sensibly - I will when I'm sure it's about to happen. Or rather, I'll talk about it in more detail when I'm sure it's about to happen, as it's something for / about / in Uncounted Worlds, which is already announced. But I personally have an aversion to talking about stuff before it's ready - it encourages unfounded speculation and unwarranted hype, leading to inevitable disappointment and acrimony. And I knew as soon as I hit post on that comment I would regret it, so I'm definitely NOT saying anything further at this point. Sorry!

Cheers,

Nick

No, shan't... :P

;-(

Or rather, I'll talk about it in more detail when I'm sure it's about to happen, as it's something for / about / in Uncounted Worlds, which is already announced.

Do you have an ETA for Uncounted Worlds then? :D

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

And, why we are at it, you seem to have mentioned something about a

science fiction scenario named "Outpost 19" somewhere in the download

section ... :shocked:

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

And, why we are at it, you seem to have mentioned something about a science fiction scenario named "Outpost 19" somewhere in the download section ... :shocked:

Ah, that's a different thing - it's with Chaosium at the moment, and I'm not sure what they'll ultimately decide to do with it (download or monograph have both been mentioned by Dustin as possibilities): as soon as I know what form they've picked and when it's likely to be available I'll say more - but again, until there are firm plans and dates, it's seems premature to talk in detial about it.

Cheers,

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

The characters are a team of trouble shooters sent to deal with a medical emergency at a multi-corps research site on a recently opened colony world in a setting that's basically a "re-imagining" of the Future*World setting with touchs of Dune and Alastair Reynold's Revelation Space future history books - humanity lost earth to an out break of nanotechnology over a millennia ago and has split in to at least three distinct and divergent cultures (planet bound normal humanity, the "Gifted" of the Guild of Gate Wardens and the near immortal cyborgs of the Pilot's Guild), currently coexisting in an uneasy peace whilst aliens (the Sauriki and Quertzl from Future*World) are intruding in to the human sphere.

As and when I know what Chaosium intend to do with it, I'll say more, but at present I'm not sure when or even what exactly they'll do with it.

Cheers,

Nick

Yes! :thumb:

How big is it?

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Yes! :thumb:

How big is it?

SGL.

Err, the draft I had back from the editor a few weeks back was, as raw text, a little over sixty pages (if one includes the six pregenerated characters). I'm currenly hoping Dustin gets some one more artistically talented than me to re-do the maps, as the ones I supplied were a bit of a mixed bag. And other than maps, I supplied no art. Still not sure what exactly they plan on doing with it, I'll just be glad when it's available for people to play, as that's the reason I submitted it.

I'd like to go back to the setting actually, but my current group are more taken with other ideas at present, so it may be some time before I can.

Cheers,

Nick