Erianda the Red

Martin

Erianda the Red /ot

A Lunar magician and assassin from the grim land of Spol, Erianda is a member of the Lunar College of Magic and a loyal follower of Tatius the Bright.

Does anyone care to speculate or know which regiment or part of the Lunar Collge of Magic she is part of?

• Like 1

There's only a limited number of regiments.  The Major Classes, the Minor Classes, the Comet Seers, the Spell Archers, the Crater Makers and the Blue Moon School.  The Nathic School etc is now post-canonical.  

Major class magicians are "illuminated Lunar magicians, each trained to master at least six of the seven phases." Guide p296

The best available treatment is the unpublished 13th Age manuscript.

Comet Seers attack with Lunar Sparks, make Pronouncements of Doom and other fateful attacks.

The Spell Archers are described as fire mages on horseback - but the description talks about the Grazelanders.

Blue Moon Magicians send you to the Plateau to fight a demon which you won't remember fighting if you survive.

The Crater Makers attack with meteors (the text calls them meteorites but they aren't technically such until they make contact)

Hence on the basis of the description I think Erianda is perhaps a minor class magician who has not yet mastered the necessary phases to become a major class magician.  

• Like 5

6 hours ago, metcalph said:

Hence on the basis of the description I think Erianda is perhaps a minor class magician who has not yet mastered the necessary phases to become a major class magician.  

I am not so sure on that as she is powerfull even to be mentioned in KoS in the final assault on Whitewall ...she is  the one that crushes the Heart of Orlanth hidden under Whitewall ...so I am tending to think she is Illuminated at the very least

1 minute ago, Martin said:

I am not so sure on that as she is powerfull even to be mentioned in KoS in the final assault on Whitewall ...she is  the one that crushes the Heart of Orlanth hidden under Whitewall ...so I am tending to think she is Illuminated at the very least

KoS p139 says the deed was performed by Enerian Scarlet, not Erianda the Red.

The difference between minor and major class magicians is not illumination but mastering six of the phases.  Erianda seems to have mastered only one - Natha's phase from her runes Darkness and Death.