Call of Cthulhu Metal Dice Kickstarter

MOB

• 2 weeks later...

With 16 days to go, the Metal Dice Kickstarter is closing on $96K (191% funded), with 1107 backers so far.

The two playmats coming up at $100K look pretty awesome and will help avoid getting your table dinged by the metal dice, which are heavy.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/q-workshop/call-of-cthulhu-metal-dice-set-by-q-workshop-and-c

250cb72b484524d60a387383cf3b1436_origina

Now that the Call of Cthulhu Metal Dice Kickstarter has reached $100k*, from now on, it's all about adding free stuff to the basic pledge. Check out the new stretch goals for the campaign's final 12 days...

*it's actually just passed $112K

Beautifully-crafted dice, but with all the swarming details on the faces, find them to be a bit too illegible at a distance for my tastes.  If one of the stretch goals was a colored set where the numbers were a different color (or the only thing painted), I'd snap those up in a heartbeat, tho.

• Like 1

On April 9, 2017 at 9:25 AM, SteveMND said:

Beautifully-crafted dice, but with all the swarming details on the faces, find them to be a bit too illegible at a distance for my tastes.  If one of the stretch goals was a colored set where the numbers were a different color (or the only thing painted), I'd snap those up in a heartbeat, tho.

Agreed. We had some of those Q-Workshop dice for Deadlands and while they look cool up close they were a PITA to read on the table. I suppose you could ink the numbers yourself but for my money they're just not practical.

Coming up to the last two hours; just under $280K.

On 4/10/2017 at 2:25 AM, SteveMND said:

Check out the special Sunken Dice ($200K) stretch goal - they are like that.

The Metal Dice Kickstarter closed at $283,207 USD raised from 2,723 backers.

A great result - congratulations to our friends and partners Q-Workshop for such a well-run campaign!

And thanks Cthulhu Mythos fans! Coupled with the unconnected Elder Dice Kickstarter that closed on March 29 with $261K, that means in the last 6 weeks more than *half a million dollars* ($545,092 to be precise) has been pledged for fancy Cthulhu dice.

And given dice are for playing games with, that's got to be good news for Mythos-related publishers and people who play their games.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/q-workshop/call-of-cthulhu-metal-dice-set-by-q-workshop-and-c/posts/1860119

• 8 months later...