BRP Rome?

The Rhodian

Hi All,

Great forum! Glad to be here ;)

I was wondering if there's been any info on the upcoming BRP Rome? I'm eagerly awaiting this one (and would love to see similar treatments of Persian/Pelopponesian War-era Greece and Late Period Egypt).

Thanks, in advance!

Scott

Scott Oden

Author of Men of Bronze and Memnon.

Read The Lion of Cairo, coming soon from Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin's Press!

Well, go to the downloads section and grab a copy of the excellent Warlords of Alexander. Although taking place about 200 laters than you were looking for, it is a great resource. Paul Elliot did a wonderful job in presenting one of the very best historical settings for adventurers.

I also have my eye on BRP Rome, as it has the advantage of nearly everyone being instantly "familiar" with the setting (or the Hollywood version at least).

After edit: Well, I think you are well aware of Alexander and that time period. :) Nice to have an author of historical fiction here with us.

BTW, have you read Latro In The Mist by Gene Wolfe? It covers some of the Persian-Greece conflict, in its own way.

Edited by ORtrail

I was wondering if there's been any info on the upcoming BRP Rome? I'm eagerly awaiting this one (and would love to see similar treatments of Persian/Pelopponesian War-era Greece and Late Period Egypt).

Hi Scott! Welcome to the forums! :)

Rome has been submitted, and is probably in the editing process now. You could have a look at the Pax Romana supplement in the download section if you're impatient.

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Thanks for the welcome! I already have copies of Warlords of Alexander and Pax Romana -- right now, I'm trying to coerce my gaming group into playing (they're not fond of low-magic, historical games . . . they'd rather play magic-spewing demigods of war). I've attempted things of the sort with D20 (using the Conan rules and OGL Ancients), with Savage Worlds, and most recently I've looked at ZeFRS, which was the core system of TSR's old Conan game. I rather like the simplicity of BRP, so I'm going to give it a try, instead.

ORtrail, I do have Wolfe's Latro of the Mists and its sequel on my To Be Read pile. Most recently, I've been reading Paul Cartledge's Thermopylae, Harold Lamb's Flames of Islam (again), and Robert E. Howard's The Lord of Samarcand and Other Tales of the Old Orient. I'm leavening my ancient history with a bit of the Crusades :)

Scott

Scott Oden

Author of Men of Bronze and Memnon.

Read The Lion of Cairo, coming soon from Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin's Press!