New Creature---The Giant Cheetah

MurfinMS

Hi gang,

The cheetah's more-sketchuly-detailed big-ass prehistoric counterpart.

Best,

-Ken-

Giant Cheetah

The giant cheetah is a larger, more robust version of the standard cheetah. Males are 1.7-2.4m in length, stand 1.2m at the shoulders, and can reach weights in excess of 250kg. Females are 1.6-1.9m in length, stand .8-1.1m at the shoulder,, and can reach weights in excess of 120kg.

The giant cheetah can accelerate from a standstill to Move 1D4+20 in 2 SR, which can be maintained for up to 5 melees. On switching to its full speed, at which the cat’s body stretches out to its full 8.5m stride, it can Move 2D4+30, which can be maintained for up to 3 melees.

Statistics below are for male giant cheetahs. Females have STR of 4D6+12, and SIZ 2D3+16.

Giant Cheetah

Characteristics Average

STR 5D6+12 29-30 Move 23/ 35

CON 3D6+2 12-13 Hit Points 18

SIZ 2D6+16 23 Fatigue 43

INT 5 5

POW 2D6+6 13

DEX 3D6+6 16-17

Notes: The creature’s large size gives foes +1% to their chances to hit.

Hit Location Melee (D20) Missile (D20) Points

RH Leg 01-02 01-02 2/ 5

LH Leg 03-04 03-04 2/ 5

Hind Q 05-07 05-09 2/ 7

Fore Q 08-10 10-14 2/ 7

RF Leg 11-13 15-16 2/ 5

LF Leg 14-16 17-18 2/ 5

Head 17-20 19-20 4/ 6

Weapon SR Attack% Damage

Paw 5 50+12 1D8+2D6

Throat bite 5 40+12 1D10+2D6

Notes: A cheetah attacks by slamming into prey and bowling it over, followed by a bite to the throat 3 SR later.

Skills: Climb 75+4, Hide 60-9, Sneak 70-9, Scan 70-1,

Listen 50-1, Scent 50-1

Armor: 2-point fur.

Is this a magical creature? I appreciate the contribution (which looks like a lot of work), but I ask because prehistoric cheetahs (Acinonyx pardinensis) did not exceed 90 kg (200 lbs.) and were probably not nearly as fast as the modern version. I ask because the other, similar stats were put up as BRP'ed versions of extinct species. Though your version does make one part of Harold and Kumar's quest to White Castle more feasible.

Based on that alone: :thumb:.

In any case, I hope you don't take offense at my more careful reading of your stats for this and the cheetah. It only shows that we actually do read your write-ups and take the time to assess them.

Edited by FunGuyFromYuggoth

Roll D100 and let the percentiles sort them out.

Is this a magical creature? I appreciate the contribution (which looks like a lot of work), but I ask because prehistoric cheetahs (Acinonyx pardinensis) did not exceed 90 kg (200 lbs.) and were probably not nearly as fast as the modern version. I ask because the other, similar stats were put up as BRP'ed versions of extinct species. Though your version does make one part of Harold and Kumar's quest to White Castle more feasible.

Based on that alone: :thumb:.

In any case, I hope you don't take offense at my more careful reading of your stats for this and the cheetah. It only shows that we actually do read your write-ups and take the time to assess them.

I found the dimensions and weight ranges, again, from someplace on the (Ever-Increasing-in-Dubiososity) Internet. I casn't remember where exactly, but it took some culling to eliminate those damned D&D references from the herd, to find *apparently* actual, scientific stuff, I'll tell you.

The few sketchy behavioral stuff for the Giant Cheetah were essentially bits cadged from the waaay-better-defined Modern Cheetah.

Now the size and stats for the female Giant Cheetah was just my guestimation....[ possible spurrious logic enabled] If Normal Cheetah Males have X dimensions and normal Cheetah Females have Y dimensions. then it should follow that the femal Gian Cheetah;s should be the same % smaller than the male of the species.

Feel free to comment at lenght on anything I write, FunGuy---and everyone. Thats whats its all about, right? Exchange of ideas...

-Ken-