What are you running with Revolution d100?

1000buffalo

Inquiring minds want to know! :D  The book's been out for a while, and there's two (2) settings released for it as well.

What are folks running (or playing)? Any Sherwood Forest or Shade Lands games going?

I've run a modern setting game, mystical A-Team style, and I'm set to run a fantasy game tonight.

Wondering what others are doing, or planning to do, with their Rd100.

• Like 2

Currently playing my 'Derelict Earth' setting (Post-Apo), my 'Airship Daedalus' conversion, and 'Prometheus: The Colonists' (basically the Aliens Sci-Fi universe, where you play colonists of a landed starship, when a few canisters of black goo are found). 

All in all very exciting and the three settings differ enough to keep them interesting. The RD100 rules are a perfect fit for us, as they feel gritty, but are pulpy enough to show off heroic action. A few deaths occurred so far, some in combat, but most due to more interesting story action.

One character slid off an airship after pulling off an amazing stunt. The group tried everything dramatic to rescue him, but the player really was so hampered by his amassed Consequences, that he could not make it. But everybody thought it was a fitting end for the character.

One other character sacrificed himself to rescue the colony. He went out in ablaze of glory, although he had to work for it. The Aliens really wanted to crash the shuttle within the colony district, but the character managed to fly the shuttle far enough to prevent an infection or outbreak. Also, a good ending with no hard feelings. :)

We use the Basic Combat rules and a more or less hot-knitted Psionics/Mutation system for Derelict Earth. Otherwise we use the Alchemy magic system in a more or less Freeform way (although the Combat effects in the book are used).

• Like 1

I've got a weird-fantasy S&S game I was originally working on for Magic World. Magic, alchemy, strange Atlantean sorcery-science. I'm not putting it together for Rd100 and OtherWorlds.

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.

I did mean "now" as you note. That's what happens when I'm using my phone to browse the forum.

OW and Rd100 are both great games, with different styles/focus. I can see using both of them depending on what sort of game I'm looking to run.

• Like 1

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.