Simplifying 7e or Porting it to 6e

Archivist

I happily backed the CoC 7e kickstarter and was happy to support Chaosium. However, practically, for me, having to digest three large books in order to run Pulp Cthulhu or Darker Trails seems overwhelming to me.

Are there a list of "best of 7e" things I could hack from 7e into 6e and just use that? Is there a way to run 7e without having to digest and master 3 enormous books?

The rules sections of Pulp Cthulhu and Down Darker Trails are but a single chapter, the rest of the books are scenarios, background, and guidance. Over half of the 7e Rulebook is monster stats, scenarios, guidance, spells, tomes, etc. Using the Contents pages of each to identify key rules sections should help to narrow down reading required if pressed for time. Also at the back of the 7e Rulebook (p407) are page long rules summaries for pretty much every core rule - 13 pages in total  - you could just look over these to gain a brief understanding of the core rules.