Encounter Roleplay session on YouTube

PhilHibbs

I have a few questions about the rules in the session - sorry if this came over as criticism when I first posted it!

Bluejay/Yanioth rolls POW to cast Divination, surely that should have been a roll on an Ernalda rune, Fertility, Earth or Harmony! She has 90% Earth so it could have made a big difference.

And she doesn't roll her POW*5 to cast Befuddle, they go straight to POW vs POW.

When Jim/Sorala casts Logician, it's 2MP base, but is it +2MP per 10% because she does not have mastery of Summon? I think so, but no-one mentions why. I guess Jeff knows these characters pretty much off by heart!

...But then when she casts Solace of the Logical Mind, she has mastery of both runes so it should not be +6 for 40 minutes, just +3, so 5 points surely, not 8! And when he fails the roll,i t should have cost 1MP rather than none.

Edited by PhilHibbs

• PhilHibbs changed the title to Encounter Roleplay session on YouTube, mistakes in game system!
11 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

Bluejay/Yanioth rolls POW to cast Divination, surely that should have been a roll on an Ernalda rune, Fertility, Earth or Harmony! She has 90% Earth so it could have made a big difference.

And she doesn't roll her POW*5 to cast Befuddle, they go straight to POW vs POW.

When Jim/Sorala casts Logician, it's 2MP base, but is it +2MP per 10% because she does not have mastery of Summon? I think so, but no-one mentions why. I guess Jeff knows these characters pretty much off by heart!

...But then when she casts Solace of the Logical Mind, she has mastery of both runes so it should not be +6 for 40 minutes, just +3, so 5 points surely, not 8! And when he fails the roll,i t should have cost 1MP rather than none.

Phil - I am inclined to take this entire thread down if anyone tries to find errors in how I ran a game at 4 am in the morning my time!. The fact that I was even awake was tribute to the fun of playing with Bluejay, Jim, JP, and Will. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Phil - I am inclined to take this entire thread down if anyone tries to find errors in how I ran a game at 4 am in the morning my time!. The fact that I was even awake was tribute to the fun of playing with Bluejay, Jim, JP, and Will. 

None of it was meant as a criticism. Really I'm just looking for clarification, especially with the errata deadline looming, to see if I understood the rules correctly. The Sorcery base+intensity cost is not entirely obvious. I edited the title. I put that comment in the title just to draw attention and get opinions which was a bad call. Sorry.

Edited by PhilHibbs

• PhilHibbs changed the title to Encounter Roleplay session on YouTube
9 hours ago, Chris Gidlow said:

The players of Yanioth and Harmast look just like their characters. I know the games master looks just like the unscrupulous character they are haggling with in one illustration.

And Jim looks exactly how I imagined Sorala to look! Spooky!