Is there going to be a forum for fan content?

Pentallion

43 minutes ago, Pentallion said:

Something like you do with CoC?  I remeber -I think it was Todd?- saying there would be a forum to post up fan content, adventures etc once RQG came out.

Is that still going to happen?

There is the "Cult of Chaos" -- it's CoC-centric.  You have to sign up, and it's not a generic "fan content" forum so much as a place for the Organized Play program to de-spoiler their convention & similar materials.  However, they DO have a small library of Cult-Keeper content, in addition to the "official" Organized-Play content.  Chaosium has said they have some (very early-stage) plans for a comparable program for RQG, but AFAIK it hasn't happened yet.  Some RQ-folk are Cult of Chaos members, and keep the embers smoldering over in the Cult, waiting for the Dragonrise...

Chaosium sponsors the "Miskatonic Repository" over on DTRPG -- fan content offered for sale with the author/designer doing all the work and getting some share of the proceeds.  Again, Chaosium have said they hope to get something similar going for RQG; but nothing exists yet.

C'es ne pas un .sig

1 hour ago, g33k said:

There is the "Cult of Chaos" -- it's CoC-centric.  You have to sign up, and it's not a generic "fan content" forum so much as a place for the Organized Play program to de-spoiler their convention & similar materials.  However, they DO have a small library of Cult-Keeper content, in addition to the "official" Organized-Play content.  Chaosium has said they have some (very early-stage) plans for a comparable program for RQG, but AFAIK it hasn't happened yet.  Some RQ-folk are Cult of Chaos members, and keep the embers smoldering over in the Cult, waiting for the Dragonrise...

Yes, and I am one of them, but my HeroQuest brought the Ring of Orlanth bounding through these open forums, hoping to knock a few stars loose and get things moving, cuz, you know, that's what Orlanth does.

That would be cool, especially with the YGMV principle. I bet there's a lot of neat "Varying" Gloranthas to explore. I know the game I've been playing in varies, hard.

I can also see myself trying out writing up some content/adventures. Been brainstorming a thing with a Vivamort cult rebelling against the Red Emperor for a while now...

• Like 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website